Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to find a good tree stand at a really good price? I need a safe one, but at a really good price. I dont mind getting a model from a past year or anything like that, but want something that is safe and comfortable.

I was going to get an API grand slam legend for $100 bucks, but of course, I called and they are "sold out."

·
Registered
9,795 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just bought a hunter's view razorback from wallyworld for 49.95. have it over my bear bait as I type this. Works GREAT (just as well as the $100 + stands).

·
Registered
215 Posts
big game boss xl

I would go with the big game boss xl. they are built strong and are reasonable.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I bought two Big Game Boss XL's and have to weld the platform down before I can use them. They where cheap though.....but for $15-$20 dollers more I could have bought a Gorilla King Kong which I have been very impressed with. You just see the quality of the welds is much neater and better than the Big Game Boss's, and they are comfortable. Paid $59.99 for one of my King Kongs, and $49.99 for the other one at the end of season sale, both at Wal-Mart. For climbers I own a Summit Viper. It seems very well made and safe, but I wished I had bought the Summit Bushmaster(no front bar). After I owned it I also read a reveiw that rated them the best made. That was three years ago though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Long Boy said:
G2 I am guessing you called Simmons right? Did you ask about a rain check? I have gotten them before on other things they had that they were sold out of at that time. Id call and ask.
THe Ole Man was and is at Simmons, I went in the Saturday, they had the Moultrie camera for 98.00 but were sold out, I had Willie the Devil Dog gun smith to hold two of them for me, and Danny hooked me up on some arrows and blazers.

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Long Boy said:
G2 I am guessing you called Simmons right? Did you ask about a rain check? I have gotten them before on other things they had that they were sold out of at that time. Id call and ask.
Yeah, I called simmons. I asked if they were getting more in, and the guy said they tried to order more, but couldn't for some reason. I may call and ask an associate about the rain check thing, as I talked to their shipping manager.

Thanks for the links to the ol'mans, but I already weigh 250 in normal clothes, so add hunting clothes, gear etc and I am well over the weight rating. I need something with at least a 300lb rating.

I'll have to keep looking around....

Thanks for your help!

·
Trophy Nanny Hunter
2,448 Posts
I picked up the monarch Loggy Bayou stand from Sportsman's guide. I bought 1 of the regular and 1 of the magnum. I put the regular model (10 lbs) up yesterday to do some target shooting. It is the easiest hang on stand I've ever put up. It is very comfortable to sit in as well. For 60 bucks (plus 10 bucks shipping) you can't go wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.