Archery Talk Forum banner

Need a very smooth drawing bow

6129 92
Went to the doctor yesterday and he seems to think I have some slight damage in my rotator cup and recommended if I continue to shoot archery to get a silky smooth bow and not my X-force. He shoots as well as recommends to get away from that particular bow. Any input would be appreciated. Looking at maybe a Matthews Switchback
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

· www.paramadness.com
2,803 Posts
i just went thru the same thing and have sold all my 70# bows and contact dahattok on the classifieds and bought a Ross Cardiac NIB for 350.00 got a 60# and dropped down to 55# and shot they are 33" ata and silky smooth, i liked it so much i bought another one yesterday, these don't have a warranty but i bought 2 NIB for the price of what one would be new, he's got like 500 left so he won't be running out for a while 55lbs mine is plenty fast and no sharpp pain in my shoulder when i pull it

· Registered
3,547 Posts
Ross Cardiac!!!!....Might be the smoothest bow ive shot..
Shoot JRH60 or Farr66 a PM..They have a couple great deals on them right now.

· Registered
1,950 Posts
I would say the Switchback is probably the ticket, but a couple of guys (with bad shoulders at the local range/shop)) are shooting Ross. I don't believe they are the Cardiacs though, maybe an older model. Hope you find something that works for you. Turn the pounds down.

· Sultan of Smack
6,654 Posts
Went to the doctor yesterday and he seems to think I have some slight damage in my rotator cup and recommended if I continue to shoot archery to get a silky smooth bow and not my X-force. He shoots as well as recommends to get away from that particular bow. Any input would be appreciated. Looking at maybe a Matthews Switchback
If you're looking at new, look at the Mathews S2 or the Dren with 60lb. limbs. These are two of the smoothest drawing bows, period!

SCFox

· Registered
5,563 Posts
Some strange opinions on smooth bows about.

There are too things that come to mind.

1. Even the harshest cams feel smoother at lower poundages.

2. Hyper speed bows are not smooth otherwise they would not be speedy.

You need to decide first if you want to make life easier on your shoulder by having a more gentle force draw curve and/or lower poundage.

For example your X force at 50# may be fine or something like a Switchback may work at 60+#.

Think about what you need to do to help your shoulder than work the bow around your shoulder.

· Registered
9,514 Posts
I can only speech about the Mathew's bow's, but I've had a SBXT very nice, and now own a Drenalin, and DXT all three are smooth drawing bow's, and at 60lbs have plenty of punch for deer hunting:thumbs_up

· Registered
5,381 Posts
Of the bows I sampled I thought the hoyt superhawk was the easiest to draw back by far. I actually had to have the tech check the poundage because I thought I was drawing back a bow set at 55#. I did not try any mathews though, so I can't compare there.

· Registered
12,196 Posts
I like Hoyt Spiral Cams with low letoff for smooth draw. Also, have you ever tried an Oneida?

· Registered
15,839 Posts
I don't have this problem, but if I did, I would look no farther than Monster. You will never find anything smoother than these. The outboard limbs of an Onieda or Monster puts all other bows to shame as far as smoothness goes.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.