Archery Talk Forum banner

Need advice for selling first bow on AT

1485 14
Hello, I need some help from the Archery Talk community. I hope I'm not being a noob and breaking any rules or methods by posting this on here. I looked around the site discussions to find some advice and I figured it would just be best to ask questions particular to my situation. This site was very helpful when getting advice to buy my bow a few months ago and now without any boring details, I need to sell it. A situation arose in which my family needs money, and this bow is something of value I can part with. Any advice on how to use AT to sell this would be appreciated. I have paypal so I'm already set up for that. More specifically, I would like advice on what to sell and how. The star of the show is a 2015 Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT Thirty 28" 60-70# in Black Out, but thats just the start. This being my only bow, and one I'm sure I won't be able to afford for many years to come after this setback, I have no need for the many additions.

What I have: (prices are what I paid. I have most receipts)

2015 CS ZT30: $1399.99
Hoyt deluxe padded bag: $99.99
Hoyt Fall-Away Ultra Rest (made by QAD): $125.99
Hoyt Arrow Rack 2-piece quiver: $99.99
Hoyt Pro Series Dual-Rod 5-pin sight: $79.99
Hoyt Carbon Edge 6.5" stabilizer: $119.99
Hoyt Pro Series 8" stabilizer: $100ish
2 Hoyt Pro Hunter Deluxe wrist sling (1 Black, 1 Orange): $29.99/each
T.R.U. Ball Bandit release: $39.99
Rage 3-pack broad heads with shock collars, Rage practice head, all in a Rage Cage case
3-pack of green Nockturnas, some target points, and a tin of Scorpion Venom bowstring wax

Here is my question... Should I try to list this as one complete package or disassemble it and sell it in pieces? I would prefer to just sell it all as one for ease, but would people be more interested in just the bow? I figure most people will trick it out with their favorite accessories and may not want to pay the package price. I will sell the bow on here, but if I pick it apart, I will more than likely sell the accessories on eBay as Hoyt accessories are hard to find online. To be clear, this is not my ad to sell, I'm simply asking for help.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
4,253 Posts
You need to lay it all out with pictures of each item. Expect to take a bigger loss if you sell it as a whole so you may want to part it out. Try selling the bow first with the rest only and then offer different items for a additional cost. Realistically your only going to get 65 to 70% of your money back after the whole deal goes down so try to sell locally first to recoupe as much as you can.

· Registered
11,074 Posts
I agree with the above, packages take a bigger hit.

However you also need to factor into the equation the time and expenses it will take to sell it individually. You will have significant time allocated to get each part sold and also factoring in the shipping. when its all added up it maybe closer than most people think.

· Registered
20,951 Posts
1. DO NOT put pay pal +3%
2. ship anywhere so long as buyer pays all shipping/customs cost
3. becareful of TYD...shipping can get expensive
4. put a fair price to start off...none of this "I've got to have a high price to haggle down"- no you don't, put a fair price, sell to the person that is interested in a fair deal.
5. get close up pics of any damage.
6 be open about all damage/history.
7. take picures of putting everything in box...sometimes items show up "magically damaged"

post clear pictures in your classified ad.

as to group or part it out....parting out will be the highest dollar value for you but will take the longest and requires more work-- so you may not be making that much after all is said and done.

· Registered
2,980 Posts
1. DO NOT put pay pal +3%
2. ship anywhere so long as buyer pays all shipping/customs cost
3. becareful of TYD...shipping can get expensive
4. put a fair price to start off...none of this "I've got to have a high price to haggle down"- no you don't, put a fair price, sell to the person that is interested in a fair deal.
5. get close up pics of any damage.
6 be open about all damage/history.
7. take picures of putting everything in box...sometimes items show up "magically damaged"

post clear pictures in your classified ad.

as to group or part it out....parting out will be the highest dollar value for you but will take the longest and requires more work-- so you may not be making that much after all is said and done.
^^^
what fury said. although i normally do ask for the 3% on paypal, depending on the item and how i have it priced. and i have had people just add it in without my asking when i gave a TYD price. that's always a very nice gesture on their part.
i just sold one recently, took me a while to sell it because i was firm on my price. i shipped the bow to uruguay. i went to the post office to confirm the shipping rates, and had to shrink the length of my box by 1", so i came home and modified the box, let the buyer know. we worked out a price based on the increased international shipping, and off the bow went. if you're willing to be flexible you can sell things here. you might get good money on ebay but you have to factor in their cut. i have had more luck selling things on here than ebay.

· #OTR
1,532 Posts
Tell them you don't want to be paid with "Gift Funds" from paypal, that you are prepared to eat the 3% fees from pay pal. To me that is a cost of doing business here. I won't buy without regular pay pal and I will not sell with out regular paypal. That is the only glimmer of recourse a buyer has without some miraculous mod intervention. Quick communication is also essential to me. It does not give me much confidence in a seller if they are not very quick to correspond. I

· Registered
2,494 Posts
Make sure you have reasonably priced also helps to have feedback but not many people seem to leave it I would sell the small stuff here first to get the hang of it.

· Registered
3,549 Posts
As mentioned above, figure the paypal fees into the final price you will take. I dislike the whole 3% addition, do the math and be done. Set a rock bottom price, if someone lowballs you...let them know your price and move on. Don't get upset by the lowballers, just keep moving.

You might give craigslist a try, or see if the shop you bought it from will do a consignment.

· BIRD HUNTER
11,223 Posts
I think you could sell it as a package. but either way you going to a loss 40% just a fact kinda like cars, i would sell everything on A/t eBay will take to much in fees

good luck if it was left hand i make you a offer LOL

· Registered
3,689 Posts
I much prefer Paypal but just sold a bow to a guy in California that paid with a postal money order. I talked to him on the phone first and had no worries about the transaction. I also told him I would not ship until the money order cleared and he was fine with that. I recommend talking to the buyer on the phone first and Paypal is the best bet IMO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.