Archery Talk Forum banner

need advice on 09 x-force/bowmadness xl

699 Views 15 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Nic_58
im thinking of gettin 09 x force gx or a bowmadness xl need likes dislikes of these bows.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,796 Posts
A couple of months ago, I bought a 2009 X-Force GX, took it home, and put a couple hundred shots through it. I just could not get used to the power and drive that thing put out, so I took it back to the dealer and after explaining the problem, he let me shoot a BM-XL that had just arrived. I fell in love with it right then and there. It shot so smooth and was only 20 FPS IBO slower than the X-Force. So, I took it home, threw a couple hundred shots through it and proceeded to paper tune. It tuned excellant! The BM-XL fits me like a glove. I am not bashing the X-Force by any means, I'm just more comfortable with the Bow Madness XL. Now get this...my buddy shoots the X-Force and absolutely loves it and shoots awesome groups! I guess what I am suggesting is that you really need to shoot both of these bows as they are both excellant choices, because everybody is different in their form and shooting style. I wish I would have shot the Bow Madness XL along with the X-Force but the dealer did not have one in stock for me to try at the time. I kind of jumped the gun a little, but now I have an experience with both models that I can pass along to you! Hope this helps.

· Registered
398 Posts
The shop I go to sells them they are both very nice bows can't go wrong with eather one

· Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
both hunting/3d, im looking to replace my drenalin ld that im currently shooting. i just got the bow replaced the strings and grip and deceided i dont like it ,shoots great but, just want to try something diffrent my draw is 27in shooting 70 lbs.keep info coming thanx joe

· Registered
15,524 Posts
IMO, the Bow Madness series of bows are highly underrated. They are smooth, fast, and tune super easy. They easily do over their IBO speeds. I just ordered myself a blacked out Bow Madness XL and can't wait to get it.

My only problem with them is that I can't keep them in stock.:wink:

· Registered
1,117 Posts
bowmadness XL for me this year I have a X7 to but i like the XL better...My XL is at the shop right now geting a make over...Bright Green KG Coated...its going to look cool...Ill have it back next week...the other thing I like about the bow is the grip is bigger like the Moneymaker.

· Fat Jesus
29,133 Posts
I'm ordering a new Bowmadness XL this week...I sold my '08 X-Force and was between a new GX series X-Force and the MadnessXL but after doing some looking and talking to some people who own both I'm going with the XL. Plus I like the specs on it, I like the longer AtoA length it has...I wish PSE would build an X-Force with the same AtoA length and brace height of the Madness XL.

· Registered
394 Posts
I have an x f gx love it shooting 4 inch groups at 60 yards with slick tricks awesome bow but I love the way the bowmadness xl shoots and I am ordering one next week then i will have a tough decision come deer season

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.