Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently shoot A Ross 331 and a 2008 Ross Cardiac. I like both bows but am considering getting a Alph Max. I am left handed and my dealer only had right handed in stock so I haven't been able to shoot one, only draw back a right handed one. It seemed to break over a little hard but I know I wasn't giving it a fair test. I am thinking about putting the Ross Cardiac up for sale on here for around $300 (60-70 # 28 DL). It has not been shot very much and is like new. With all the new bows out, do you think the Cardiac would sell? I love both bows and have no reason to change other than having an itch that I want to scratch! I guess I'm looking for someone to talk me into buying it!!!

·
Registered
7,821 Posts
dont get me wrong i had a cardiac and was an awesome bow! but the alphamax is in the league of there own, there way more forgiving then the specs show, and faster too, i just got mine for hunting and some 3d, you looking at 32 or 35?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
The AMs def have a hump- its worse with the longer draw lengths for a given cam size. The Ross singles are def smooth to draw.

As for selling your ROSS bows- would it sell?..yeah probably for the right price-but with the "old Ross" out of business, and now BowTech dropping the "New Ross", and the dearth of parts and lack of warranty , I know I personally wouldn't buy one-new or used.

Also should mention- Jerry @ SouthShore Archery has brand new in box 08 (Old Ross) Cardiacs in the box for around $350 or something- you'd prolly want to price yours MUCH lower if it's the bare bow.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I think you need to shop around. And try several different bows. IMO you can do better than the AM

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JeffB

It seems like if you have a bow that's over 2 yrs old you have to give it away to get rid of it. I have a Mathews Conquest Light w/mimi max cams that I bought in 1997 that is still a shooter. I've been meaning to pack it up and ship it to out troops overseas. I'll probably just keep both Ross's and wait a couple years and see what's out then. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Just go buy it......you won't be sorry! I couldn't find a bow that I liked enough to get rid of my 06' Tribute until I shot the Alphamax!
As far as your Ross. For the price you'll get for it, I would keep it for a spare or backup. I always like to have an extra bow laying around in case something happens, or someone wants to shoot and doesn't have one.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You may want to scratch that itch with the Maxxis 31 rather than the AM32. I think that it is easier pulling, smoother drawing and does not have a kick at the shot.

·
Registered
521 Posts
didnt really care for the maxxis. Love my am32. Id scratch the itch with the alphaburner tho... Mmmmm

·
Registered
19 Posts
You will most definitely love an alphamax, I love mine, but you should really shoot a few different bows. Shoot what feels good to you, not what we tell you. Although, you should try the Maxxis. Hint-Hint

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
The #2 cams are the ones that have the little hump on them to pick up a little more speed. The #3 cams are a little smoother.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts