Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a martin cougar III (3) with the older model fuzion cams and magnum limbs the string length is 86 1/2''. The string is begining to fray around the cams and kinda coming apart down near the bottom cam. I got it last summer brand new at keystone country store. It was on sale because it wasnt sold from the year before. So it has to be a 1 and a half to two years old. Just getting into bowhunting i never waxed the string, I used it for one season. I shoot alot so i want to get a good string that will last and now that i know, i will wax the new string to prolong its life. What would be a good high quality string for me to get? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Vapor Trail's real good. There are others that are good also. I can vouch for the service from both Vapor Trail and Pro String since I've done business with both. You'll get high quality strings within 3 to 5 days of your order, good guarantee, and excellent return service if there's a problem. You'd have gotten more life out of your string with more care. You can extend the life of a string by learning how to do servings. Serving failure at the cams, if it's repaired in time, will save the string fibers from wear and extend it's life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will wax the new string after every shooting session know that i know it needs to be done. I like to do alot of researching on products so i can pick one that suits me so give the names of the best. I want the most high quality equpment i can afford on my bow so im not replacing stuff every month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.