Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the situation. Virginia's opening day. I get off work early, go into the woods about 4:30. I hunt about 50-60 acres of woods, surrounded by corn, alfalfa, and soy bean. This piece of woods is not a travel piece, it's where they come to bed, and is the core area for quite a few bucks. There are people cutting wood when I get there, (yes, they choose the first day of bow season to start cutting wood) and apparently have the land owners permission to do so. Been seeing plenty of deer while scouting form a distance in the evenings. Question is... how much will this half a day wood cutting session hurt me? They cut every year, and it doesn't run off the deer, but how much will it hurt on a short time frame?

· Registered
808 Posts
If I were a betting man which I do some times I would say it's not going to hurt a thing.

· Registered
14,752 Posts
i bet the deer are munching on those tops right now..won't hurt a bit

· Registered
9,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i hunted tonight anyway, because the people were leaving about a half an hour after i got there. i didn't get to hunt the stand i wanted to, but i wanted a stand that has a similar vantage point as my "scouting" position. there's basically not an eveing that i havn't seen a good many deer while scouting, but nothing tonight from the stand. nothing in the fields, nothing came past me...nothing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.