Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always shot recurve because I have a short draw lenth. I just bought my first compound a Browning Micro Adrinaline. It has a snake fang arrow rest, true glow sights, peep, vibration dampener,. I have never shot compound. So I am asking what do yall use, what arrows, broadheads, do you use a wrist strap and why you use the ones you use. Just need general advice, I will welcome it all. By the way my draw is 25 1/2.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
There are so many choices out there these days. I shoot Gold Tip 5575xt and PSE Radial X Weave 200 Predator arrows with Spitfire broadheads. You will have to just play around to see what works for you! What is your # on the bow?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I have always shot recurve because I have a short draw lenth.
just wondering- what does that have to do with it?

anyway. i think the release is the most important thing you mentioned. i recommend starting with a hinge and learning to shoot it properly with back tension.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My bow is set at 50# the max. My short draw has kept from compound because only in the last few years have bow makers made a short draw lenth with enough poundage to be legal for people like me.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I shoot Carbon Express Max. Hunters for hunting and the regular ones for target. They work well for me. I also like a good tough 2 blade broadhead. I use a Hunor 125 gr. but I've heard a lot of good reports on the Magnus Buzzcuts. I use a Winn Loop Hook release. It's a glove type that may allow you to shoot a longer draw length, esspesially if you shoot off the string as opposed to using a D loop.

·
Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,241 Posts
With your draw length and draw weight, you should stay with three blade broadheads under 1-1/4" in diameter. I highly recommend the G5 Striker. Buy an "Arrow Inspector" to spin your arrows, to make sure your broadheads don't wobble.

You can go with a bigger two blade, but only if you use a helical fletching on your arrows. I would also swap out your rest, with a Whisker Biscuit.

Don't trade kinetic energy, for speed. You need to stay above 350 grains and 400 would be better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts