Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm from ontario. Love bow hunting and enjoy reading all about it. I am currently shooting the bowtech guardian and am shooting it well. Nice tight groups. But for some reason it just doesn't feel 100 percent in my hand. I am thinking of changing up and purchasing the mathews z7. But living in ontario it is next to impossible to try one out. What do you all think I should do?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
well

Really, if AT ALL POSSIBLE, try to shoot one first. It is really hard to tell if a bow is going to fit You perfectly without trying one. You could really be setting Yourself up for "New Bow Disappointment Syndrome". I don't think You would hate the bow, too many good reviews for that. But that is a lot of coin to drop on something that You might not like even as much as Your current bow. I feel for Ya though. I don't have a lot of oppurtunities to test shoot bowseitherand it is quite populated here.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
If your not totally happy with how your bow feels in you hand don't even think of buying a new bow you have never shot. I shot 7 different bows made by 4 different manufacturers and although most were nice there was one that stuck out more than the others. The one I bought was a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house but I don't regret one minute of the drive. If you want to be totally satisfied with your bow you have to shoot it first, otherwise you will be putting up a thread asking about the Maxxis in a little while because your new bow doesn't feel right in you hand. Do yourself a favor and try a bunch out first, you will be glad you did.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I drive out to Pittsburgh a few times a years to see the steelers play so that could be a good time to try one out. I don't like the idea of ordering online. Ontario sucks for things like this. You really can't try a bow out without buying it. All my fellow hunters shoot Bowtech.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I thought I was going to buy a Z7, but I liked the Hoyt Maxxis 31 better. I really liked the Elite GT 500, but since Kevin Strothers had left Elite I was concerned it would hurt Elite. I have not seen or shot a Strothers, but I think the Strothers Infinity would be the one I would like to try. 33.5 ATA with a 7" brace height is a good compromise between shootablily and speed. My Maxxis is working out well and it is a great bow. It is hard to go wrong with a Hoyt.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I drive out to Pittsburgh a few times a years to see the steelers play so that could be a good time to try one out. I don't like the idea of ordering online. Ontario sucks for things like this. You really can't try a bow out without buying it. All my fellow hunters shoot Bowtech.
I really would try to make it a point to be able to test shoot a few different rigs. I'd then take a serious look at the Mathews Z7, the Hoyt Maxxis and the BowTech Destroyer. That being said, I liked the Z7 the most and I'm very impressed with its performance !!! In fact, of all the bow rigs I've owned.... it's my alltime fav at this point! Smooth, fast, no shock.... it's gonna shine in the deerstand this Fall!!! :shade:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Always try the milk before you buy the cow.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Last post on the last page....TTT!

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
I dont think that the Z7 would be a bad choice.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
keep your bowtech and buy the mathews. im sure its probably a nice bow. then which ever one you like least you can make your back up bow.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
keep your bowtech and buy the mathews. im sure its probably a nice bow. then which ever one you like least you can make your back up bow.
The guardian is a tack driver for sure, but there are alot of bows out there with a better valley in my opinion. Make the extra effort to shoot a few before you buy. Then again, you could always sell it here in classifieds in month or two and get most of your money back.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Why

The guardian is a tack driver for sure, but there are alot of bows out there with a better valley in my opinion. Make the extra effort to shoot a few before you buy. Then again, you could always sell it here in classifieds in month or two and get most of your money back.
Why? Does the Guardian have an extremely long valley?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi I'm from BC but every year I visit my inlaws in Ont. Archersnook in London carries Mathews, prices are decent and they have a range there, good guys, give them a try, check them out online. cheers, Derrick.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts