Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of right now I have two anchor points, My thumb on the corner of my jaw and the diameter of my peep sight around the diameter of my extreme sight. However my face is really flat with a short nose and if i rotate my head to use my nose as an anchor point the peep sight is between my eyes. What can I do to have a third anchor point, I get pretty good groups at 10, 20 30, but at 40 it gets squirly. I just bowhunt but if I can improve my accuracy I want to. Can the level on my sight be counted as an anchor point?
thanx

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
kisser button

I always put a kisser button on ALL my bows. A great anchor point every time. Give one a try.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Add a kisser and touch your nose to the string, the more anchor points the better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a short nose, and fused vertebrae in my neck so I can never touch the string like the pros.... or anybody realistically

I use a thumb release, hold my index and middle on my jaw line and have switched to the anchor sight...it was a vast improvement. Switching from a strap release and peep was like a quantum leap for me.

Before the anchor sight I would feel my jaw bone, ear lobe, twist my head into the peep sight and hope it was about right; now, I concentrate on grip consistency, and target... it just made the anchor natural, and verifiably consistent.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anchor Sight looks good Suge

Thanx for that tip, I am going to try that. The whole concept looks good. I went to my bow tech today and had him look at my form and he didn't give me a lot to go on. The anchor point looks awesome.
thanx a million

1 - 5 of 5 Posts