Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sponge 4 bowhunting info
11,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may recall I was helping a young man get equipped and learn to bowhunt a little over a year ago. Well he wants a real hunt this winter so I'm thinking javelina in Jan or Feb (leftover tags) would be a good choice. My javie hunts have been largely a frustration cuz I was hunting 18A...for this kid's first bow hunt I need some local help working the southern areas where javelina are more prevalent. Looking for someone to hunt with on a Fri-Sun weekend somewhere. I want his first tag to get filled and know there are some guys who get theirs every season. This is a Christmas gift for the kid, he's got everything he needs but field time and experience. He's a really great guy, hard working, honest, working his way through college and has amazing enthusiasm...exactly the kinda young hunter you wanna help. Anybody up for it? I'll buy his license and tag. Got him a rifle too (.308) and thinking an OTC tag for deer and some pred calling might be fun too. I promise not to revisit or leak intel on anyone's honey hole. My only goal is a successful 1st hunt for this guy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bruce, We have a group ob Facebook called “Arizona Javelina Hunting” where you might find someone to help. I haven’t hunted them enough to do you any good.

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,236 Posts
I just saw a chit pile of Javi's in AZ...but didn't have a tag. 30 in one bunch...it would have been an easy shot on those.

sorry not divulging the unit. Get up high and glass.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
As far as getting him a successful hunt. You may look at south Texas, you are allowed two javelina on your lic. The lic. cost 45.00 for five days of hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts