Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum - so hi everyone - I hope to be a regular with a little help. I'm getting back into bow hunting and I need advice on a bow. Here's the scoop. I have a short draw (26") and I don't want to sink a pile of cash into this right away. I've been interested in an Alpine Micro seeing it's the size and price I'm comfortable with. Is this just a kids bow or is it OK for a smaller adult like myself? If you have any other suggestions I would love to here them.

Thanks

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'd suggest a used Mathews Black Max 2 or Ultra 2 from the classifeds section here (around $300-$350). I prefer the Black Max 2 because it's faster & has the string supressors (no speed robbing silencers needed, especially if used with an STS). They're faster than average bows, helping to compensate for speed loss from your short draw & allowing you to use a faster, heavier arrow suitable for hunting.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Go to as many pro shops as needed & shoot every bow in your price range. Then pick out the one that you like the best. I would not buy any bow without shooting several of them first. Its your hard earned money so spend it wisely, get what you want & feels the most comfortable.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If you are looking for a bow in a lower price range, consider a good used Mathews as the other guy suggested or the Mathews FX is a great bow new for a great price. I am not familiar with the bow you are talking about but have tried to tune a couple of the same brand for a couople of different people and ran into a lot of problems. I had a friend that used to shoot a browning Micro-burner instead of the Afterburner because his drawlength was so short and it was perfect for him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts