Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bow that I shoot tournaments with and would like to use it for deer hunting, it is the best shooting bow I got. However, it has black limbs and a red riser. I always hunt from a treestand, should I camo tape the riser or not worry about the color and go as is? What would you do?

thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Could it make a difference...sure, but I woudn't sweat it if you can't find the time or if it is a hassel. I have had many deer walk within 20 feet of a fully exposed tripod and ate corn for 20 minutes. Last deer I killed walked through the legs of my tripod then fortunately came around into my shooting lane. Stay quiet/still and you won't bust most game. That said, I will admit that big old bucks are a bit different. They will bust you sooner.

·
Banned
919 Posts
It's kind like turkey hunting with a camo gun!!!!!! I laugh when poeple get talking about how everything needs to be camoed!! The only thing that turkey should be looking at is the end of your barrel anyway!!!!!!!!

As long as it is a dull color you should be fine!!!! Might make it easier to pick out but slow movements help alot!! If the deer is close enough to tell the difference he should be shot!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Only thing to worry about is if you have a glossy finish on the limbs and riser. That could give off a reflection when the sun hits it and that deer would notice that.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
buckhunter2054 said:
I wouldn't worry about it at all. Only thing to worry about is if you have a glossy finish on the limbs and riser. That could give off a reflection when the sun hits it and that deer would notice that.
I agree...if worried about it,cover the riser with camo tape,you'll be fine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts