Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my father a Barnett Revolution crossbow because he injured his shoulder and can no longer pull back a compound. I can not get it to shoot consistently. We put the x-bow in a shooting vise and made sure that the string was locked into the exact same position each time. But the arrow flight is not very good. This is the only cross bow I have experience with. Does anyone know of any tricks to get this thing to shoot good. What level of accuracy should I expect from a crossbow? I appreciate anyones help or comments.

Thanks,
Joey

·
Registered
898 Posts
I haven't shot a Barnett, so I can't say what level of accuracy to expect from it. I have a Excalibur that I've owned for many years, and accuracy is absolutley superb. It will pile arrows at 30 yards and more.What kind of accyracyare you getting? Did it come with bolts or did you buy them seperatly/Some crossbows usea bolt with a flat back, others have kind of a shallow half-nock. As you realize,straight cocking is crucial. What are you using for sights? These bows tens to vibrate a bit, and I've noticed pins can loosen up pretty easy.Sorry I can't be of more help.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
I bought a Barnet Commando some years back, which is that fancy blackened metal one with brass rails. 150 pounds, cocks by breaking at the middle. It looked really fine but I was very disappointed with it and sold it right away.

Aiming straight out, the bolt dropped to ground at about 35 yards. It was inaccurate at any distance and lacked penetrating power beyond 20 yards. Shooting at 30 yards, a wood bolt with field point bounced off a bag target.

It was a beautiful-looking toy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts