Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a very nice GKF Infiniti rest from a fellow ATer who set it up nicely on the Martin bow I bought from him. However, I reduced the draw weight by about 5#, and now the arrow is riding along the prongs on release long enough to quickly wear the teflon covers down. This is obviously a problem that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately, I don't have a manual. I cannot get GKF to answer email, and the phone # they have on the tech support forum doesn't work. I tried to join the forum but never got the validating email. I really need to know how to get this thing to work so I can get it set up this Saturday. Can anybody please give me some specific guidance on how to work this thing. I can probably tinker with it, but I don't feel like taking the hamfisted approach to tuning a very expensive rest. Any help is appreciated. I know the ATer who sold it to me would do anything he could to help, but he is out of town right now. And this is not a slam on GKF. I know they make good stuff. I just don't know how to get a quick response from them. Thanks -Andy

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Well, I have the rest, but I don't know if I can help here. I don't use the prongs either. You probably need to lower the tension of the rest and lower the rest or raise your nock point.

Why did you lower the weight? Do you currently have your field points and broadheads shooting together? Any modification you do to the rest at this point is going to change your sight in. Are you willing to do that?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lowered the weight because I have had surgery on my right shoulder. I can probably shoot at the 66lb it was set up on. If that will fix the problem, I'm about ready to try it. The problem right now is that the arrow is wearing the teflon tubes away very quickly. That can't be good. If I can get the rest set correctly, sighting in is pretty much a snap. At this point, I'm ready to go to the biscuit. I'm also ready to scrap the wheels and just use the stickbow. This stuff is just maddening!

How do you reduce the tension?

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
"How do you reduce or increase the tension". Jag, there's a "wheel" on the off-side of the rest with a small (6-32) screw on the edge of it.

Hang onto the wheel-and don't let go.
Remove the small screw-Don't let go of that wheel.
pull the wheel out slightly (1/64"-its attached to a coil spring and you'll feel the tension)
adjust the wheel to where you want the tension.
replace the wheel - lining up the screw hole with one of the threaded holes.
replace the screw.

Hope you never let go of the wheel.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts