Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I've been shooting my bowtech heartbreaker for about 2 years now haven't really found a sight I'm completely happy with. I have been using mostly 5 pin sights, but since I only shoot at 24" and about 37 lbs it seems like I'm running out of adjustment range very quickly. Just put a new apex sight on and had to move all the pins down just to be bale to get a good 20 and 30 :/

I am thinking of going to a one pin and hopefully fix the issue. Does any one have a experience with one pins and how they work?

·
Shootin and Cussin
24,945 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

Will you be hunting (i doubt it at that poundage) or is this just a target bow?

Also, what is your budget for a new sight?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna be hunting this season but I've been target shooting for the last 4 years. And I don't really want to spend more than about 200-250, looking at the HHA's

·
Back Yard Champion
31,573 Posts
With ShPoet, we need a bit more info.... However, I do have a shooter friend that has specs much like you put forth, 23 1/2" draw and 37 pounds. She uses a Cooper Johns movable sight frame.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
With short draw and low poundage , You are bound to have large pin gap on multi-pin housing .

If You choose to stay with multi-pin sight , purchase a sight with largest housing available to give You enough clearance for all pins . More than likely , this will require You to upgrade the peep sight as well . Last resort ( in case You run out of room for pins ) is to switch to hand-held thumb release - which will lower your anchor point and raise the peep on the string slightly - thus raising the first top pin within housing itself - giving You just a hair more room for remaining pins.

If You choose to go with single pin slider , try to purchase a sight with smaller housing ( 1 5/8" or even 1 3/8" ) ... as slider housing moves up and down , smaller housing will give You more room to slide down for longer yardage , before fletching clearance becomes an issue .

Hope this makes sense ... Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With short draw and low poundage , You are bound to have large pin gap on multi-pin housing .

If You choose to stay with multi-pin sight , purchase a sight with largest housing available to give You enough clearance for all pins . More than likely , this will require You to upgrade the peep sight as well . Last resort ( in case You run out of room for pins ) is to switch to hand-held thumb release - which will lower your anchor point and raise the peep on the string slightly - thus raising the first top pin within housing itself - giving You just a hair more room for remaining pins.

If You choose to go with single pin slider , try to purchase a sight with smaller housing ( 1 5/8" or even 1 3/8" ) ... as slider housing moves up and down , smaller housing will give You more room to slide down for longer yardage , before fletching clearance becomes an issue .

Hope this makes sense ... Good Luck
Thanks! It does make sense and I think I'll go with the single pin smaller housing!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
i just traded for a vital x slider star trax great sight tons of adjustment big range of movement might fit your needs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.