Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have been posting about tuning and the 4 blade Muzzy's. They shot great yesterday. Today I we.nt out to verify this before I went and bought a pack of them and to my surprise they did not seem as accurate! I don't know if it was me or something changed. I did measure everything after yesterday so I came in and went over all the measurements. The only thing I found out of place was my peep. It had moved down towards the nock 1/16" of an inch. I moved it back to where it measured the same as yesterday. I just did this tonight, so I have not shot it again yet. I also noticed that my field points seemed to ge a little irregular. They were pretty close but not as close as they were yesterday. Any of the shots would have killed the deer out to 30 yards, but they were not hitting where I want to see them hit and build my confidence. I hope tommorrow proves that all is well. By the way, can 1/16" inch of a difference in your peep location really change your point of impact that much??

I also set my sight pins a little bit. I left the 20 alone and moved the 30 down 1/16" and the 40yarder down between the1/16th and 1/8th mark below the 1/4" inch mark. They are all still very close. It just give me a little room. They are all within 3/8" of an inch. Please respond and put my mind at ease and let me know what you think. Sorry so long. Thanks again

·
Registered
42 Posts
Were they grouping is the question. Just a change in point of impact would have been caused by you peep movement and yes it will change you point of impact low if the peep moved down. If they were grouping but just shooting low move the peep back and try again or reset you sights.The main thing is the group with broadheads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts