Archery Talk Forum banner

****!!!!Need Help ASAP!!!!****

766 Views 17 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  HOKIEHUNTER07
I was at full draw this morning on a big old doe when my string let go. Where is the quickest / best place for me to get a new set of strings and cables for a 2006 Hoyt Ultratec?

Thanks,
Hokie
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Team 32
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no dice. Stopped by and he said it would be several weeks. used to have 4 around here and now we're down to one.

· Registered
14,752 Posts
Cabala's,,,over night shipping

· Registered
1,340 Posts
I would say VaporTrail is going to be the fastest for a good quality string. Give them a call at 1-800-310-8110.

· Registered
11,420 Posts
Vapor Trails usually take about a week if you dont get them rushed, if you rush them they will take a couple days. Thats what i shoot and love. But if your in a hurry check out your sportsmans warehouse.... that is if you have one

· Registered
6,867 Posts
Another vote for Vapor Trail, as they are fast with the delivery. I'm sure there are a number of other places as well.

Try and call some of the box stores that are in your area, Cabela's, Gander Mtn, Sportsmans Warehouse etc... They may have something in stock.

· Registered
1,171 Posts
First off don't rush this process. Find you a string in a hurry, thats fine, but break it in properly. You have plenty of season left, especially before the rut. Take a couple of weeks to make sure everything is in proper. If you don't it will be a disaster, to both you and the deer. Taking equipment into the field that is not fine tuned in my opinion is unethical. Its just like those fools, who want to get into bow hunting and go to walmart the night before and buy a bow.

Not saying you are like that in anyway, but just make sure your excitment to get back into the stand doesn't hinder the correct way to break in a bow.

Also make sure you buy a nice string, not just a string you can buy quickly.

My local pro shop makes great strings.
www.strikeforcearchery.com

Good luck and I hope you get it before too long!

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
just get you a back up bow and use it til you get a bucknasty string. I would recommend something other than a Hoyt. lol

· Registered
868 Posts
Local sportsmans Warehouse usually has LOTS of strings on hand, usually winners choice and then a cheaper western string. IF you have one even close, call before you go.
+1 sportsmans has them.

10,284 Posts
I was at full draw this morning on a big old doe when my string let go. Where is the quickest / best place for me to get a new set of strings and cables for a 2006 Hoyt Ultratec?

Thanks,
Hokie
Uh Ohh,at Full Draw you were when the string let go? R U sure you don`t need a new bow...:eek: Wouldn`t that have Dry-Fired your bow at full draw...:wink: PM all the string makers here on AT,I`m sure someone might even has a set in Stock for ya...;) Best of luck with your dillema..:) J.R.

· Registered
13,924 Posts
Uh Ohh,at Full Draw you were when the string let go? R U sure you don`t need a new bow...:eek: Wouldn`t that have Dry-Fired your bow at full draw...:wink: PM all the string makers here on AT,I`m sure someone might even has a set in Stock for ya...;) Best of luck with your dillema..:) J.R.
Doubt it, it's a Hoyt:wink:

Like others have said, give Vapor Trail a call. Tell them what happened and you should have them in 2-3 days. Their service is top notch.

· Team 32
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks guys. I called around to a few places, and most of the big names were closed. Luckily Rusty Ogden of Ogden Outdoors in Amherst, VA said he could have me a new set of strings by tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be up and running again by this weekend.

As an aside, I pulled out my fiance's bow (her dl is only .5" shorter than mine 27") and it shot great... If my bow's not up to it this weekend I may be in the woods with a Parker Challenger and pink victory arrows... haha

Hokie

P.S. I just sold my backup bow this year and getting a new one is not an option... gotta save up the $$$ for the wedding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.