Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shooting Carbon Express XP Selects (6075) at 27" with a 125 gr head, FOBS, and wraps out of a 72 lb Ross Cardiac with a 27" draw. I have downloaded the trial version of OT2 shaft selecter software, which says this combination is slightly on the stiff side. However, broadheads hit a few inches right of FPs at 40 yards and no amount of rest adjusting will change it. I have successfully walkback tuned with broadheads and they seem to fly well, but they wont group with the field tip arrows, always to the right. In spite of what OT2 says doesnt this suggest a weak spine? I am thinking of trying GT 7595s at 27". OT2 indicates that this shaft would be very stiff, but that shaft is recommended by the GT charts. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

· <---(.)(.)---<<<
2,337 Posts
Have you tried using 100gr points? Adjusting poundage down a few pounds and see if that helps.

· Registered
725 Posts
OutBack,

If your arrows are flying and grouping well with field points then it's not a tuning or arrow rest issue. It's probably just that your broadheads are wind-plaining and hitting to the right. Two solutions to that: switch to mechanical broadheads, or adjust your sights to the right during hunting season. If your arrows are only slightly stiff it's probably nothing to worry about. If they are flying, paper tearing, and grouping well, that's all that really matters.

-Chris

· Archery Talk Sponsor
3,599 Posts
If your dropaway is dropping too quickly and not supporting the arrow long enough, you might get a "false weak".

The Cardiac is at the border between 1cam hard and x-hard. It IBOs at 320 and that's the transition velocity for picking one or the other.

If you can't adjust out the weak response by dropping a few lbs of DW or 25grs of point weight you might need to use 1Cam x-hard..in which case the correct spine would be ~0.340.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll mess around with 100 gr points and rest timing. I may try a couple of 7595s before buying a dozen. I'd like to stick with 125 gr heads to keep FOC up (I also have a bunch of 125 gr broadheads)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.