Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm itching to get a new bow but unfortunately because I live on the big island of Hawaii there are not a lot of options. Where I live there are only Bowtech and PSE dealers. I would have to fly to another island to get an opportunity to fire different brands of bows. I am currently shooting a Bowtech Invasion 70 - 80 but wanted to get a bow that has a lower poundage rating and didn't really care for the carbon overdrive and 360. I've been really wanting to try a Darton DS 3800 or Mathews Chill R. Of the 2 bows mentioned are any of them smoother drawing then the Invasion? Quieter? Vibration? I know that being able to draw and fire the bow before buying is the best thing to do but I don't know anyone who has either of these bows. I'm looking for something with descent speed but would like to focus more on the smoothness of the draw cycle. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share there thoughts. Aloha

· Registered
55,441 Posts
Question---------do your local guys or you know how to work on anything other than what they sell? The reason I ask----is if you have a problem with anything other than what they sell can they/you work on them and or have parts available. Because if you can't that means shipping it off sometimes for very minor things.
I see you didn't really mention PSE as a possible bow to buy. They have have very smooth shooting bows and also the widest variety of bows to choose from.
But back to your question the Mathews is the smoothest pulling bow you asked about. With that the Darton 3800 for 2014 is gone and was replaced with the 3814(virtually the same bow).

· Registered
2,698 Posts
It could be worse. I'm left handed. Anyway, I took a risk and bought a Strother SX1 off a guy here and never regretted it. I suppose shipping is about the same as living in a foreign country. If it were me, I'd take a chance and get what you want. Or check the brand specific section and ask those guys. What's the worse thing that could happen?:set1_cook2:

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You need to find someone on the island w/ the bows you are interested it, to look at and possibly try. Might want to post a WANTED ad at your local range.
I don't think there are even ranges here on the big island. There was one at the rec center but it's no longer there. Talked to one of the guys at the bowtech shop and he laughed saying there was no such thing here. Everyone shoots in their backyard. I think I'll post an add on Craigslist and see what happens

· Registered
165 Posts
I think JSO is still affiliated with Everything Archery Hawaii over here on Oahu. Whatever EAH brings in you can get through JSO. Elite, Prime, and now Obsession are big over here. http://www.everythingarcheryhawaii.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.