Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without going into great detail I'm trying to figure out a safe way of shooting a flaming arrow. The obvious is simple like shooting the longest aluminum arrow that can be found. The problem I'm trying to figure out is what to wrap the end of the arrow with and use that doesn't burn so violently & will stay intact for about 10-15yrds!

There has to be someone out there that has tried this already!:flame::flame:

· Registered
512 Posts
Go to your local "family Photo" place and ask for flame gel. When I had my senior pictures taken we put that on the end of my hockey stick and it burned slow without ruining my stick.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Go to your local "family Photo" place and ask for flame gel. When I had my senior pictures taken we put that on the end of my hockey stick and it burned slow without ruining my stick.
Yep flame gel works great! Me and my buddies do this on the 4th to start the bonfire...

Wrap some athletic tape around a long arrow, slather some burn gel on it, and it works like a champ...

I got some from a friend that works for the fire department...

· Registered
575 Posts
Without going into great detail I'm trying to figure out a safe way of shooting a flaming arrow. The obvious is simple like shooting the longest aluminum arrow that can be found. The problem I'm trying to figure out is what to wrap the end of the arrow with and use that doesn't burn so violently & will stay intact for about 10-15yrds!

There has to be someone out there that has tried this already!:flame::flame:
You have been watching Dukes of Hazard haven't you.:wink:

· Registered
2,667 Posts
Years ago, in the last century, with my self-bow my Dad made for me, a Port Oxford cedar shaft, and some of the fuzzy rope/twine they used to tie hay bales with, I made my one and only flaming arrow. Started a fire and we hightailed it!

· My Elk Hunting Home
32,447 Posts

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
Tell Daisy I said hello !!!:tongue:

· Registered
5 Posts
I just had to do flaming arrows for my dad's viking inspired funeral. If you want the Hollywood answer, attach firework sparklers to the tips. I used 2 of the 10" sparklers per arrow. No danger, no fuss. Looked fabulous. And can technically ignite something. We shot ours over the ocean, but we did have each archer in turn ignite their tip from the tip of the previous. You have 40 seconds at least, so we could do a rank of 5 or 6 at a time if the wind cooperated. We used wood arrows with no metal tips or plastic. Just turkey feathers, so as to not get in trouble for dumping trash in the water. We used the wood/cardboard.tissue paper sparklers, no mylar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.