Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am a new poster to this forum but have been looking around on it for a while. I am from North Carolina and planning on coming out this November for an archery rut hunt. I am coming out there with a fellow bowhunter from North Carolina and we are looking for any advice on hunting the Rathbun Lake area. We have applied for a license past couple of years and didn't get drawn so it should be this year! I think we already have a place to stay right close to if not on Rathbun Lake (my friend is taking care of the place to stay). Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated, we are trying to do as much research as we can because unfortunately we are not going to get a scouting trip prior to being out there during hunting season. Thank you for your help, we really appreciate all tips and advice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Never hunted there but my buddy goes there every year. He missed a 170"er last year at 25 yards and wouldn't answer any phone calls for a month. Between him and his dad they've killed some big deer over the years there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. PM sent. That would be a tough pill to swallow missing one at that distance, but it probably happens more than we hear! I think I might have just had my phone shut off for that month!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts