Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to gps and have read most of the posts on here going back to 2008. I have narrowed my purchase down to these three gps units (Garmin 60csx, Rino 120, Oregon 450) and can get them for all around the same price.

I like the idea of a gps and radio combo of the Rino but worried about the reviews I've read about poor radio reception. I will also be hunting in heavy canopy which I hear the 60csx does well in. I do like the big screen of the Oregon 450 but it isn't the T version and I don't know that much about this unit.

The 60csx seems to be a very popular choice but am I loosing that much in a gps unit with the Rino 120?

The Rino has the smallest screen of all of them so how much does that hamper the unit if at all?

Does the Oregon 450 work well in heavy canopy? Anybody have any issues with it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
The garmin is a good unit that works well in a canopy.
With the right maps it can help find that honey hole with driving directions.
I can't help with the other units but that rino sounds good, bringing one less unit
into the woods.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You should probably figure out what features you would use most of the three units, based on how you hunt. If you are always hunting with a buddy or in a party then the radio Rino 120 is your unit. Being you are from Oregon, I would say the 60 csx would be most beneficial to not getting lost and that the radio in the Rino 120 may not work so good if either of you are separated by ridges and draws. I don't know anything about the Oregon 450, but if it is on your list then there is a reason for it... You may want to check out the geocaching forums for reviews of the units, as they use them specifically for their "hunts", and are probably a better source of opinion there. The 60 CSX did work great up in the mountains of Alaska for me.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
i just bought the 450T.....because it was the same price as the 450.......then i bought the wyoming landowner map for it.........all i can say is wow!!!!!!!!!this thing is great easy touch screen instead of all them little buttons...so easy to use but very detailed, has 3d, has shaded topo...the wyoming landowner map is just that shows exactly who owns what parcel, state,blm, national forest, or private landowner.......no more being kicked off public land!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts