Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cxl glue in point that came loose about 1/4 of an inch and I just can not seem to get it out. I have tried everything. Does any1 know how I could get it out without cutting the arrow.

Sean

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
THe safest way I've found to remove glue-in points from carbon arrows is to boil them in water and twist them out slowly. You may have to keep them hot by boiling and then twisting a little at a time. This will keep you from delaminating the wrapped carbon inside the shaft.
It works for me 4.0

·
Registered
392 Posts
FIRE + MUSCLE

Have some one hold a flame to the tip while you keep a pulling presure wth pliers and the shaft in your other hand.If it seems to not come out any further than it is,push it back towards the shaft and pull out again,try turning the shaft while pulling also.Hope this is helpful,always works for me.>>---skip-->

·
Portuguese Lover
185 Posts
I had that problem. what i did was i let the tip of the arrow sit in acetone for about 3 mins. Then ran over to my clamper vice, squized the field piont and pulled it out. It worked and no
damage was done to my carbon arrow.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Hot water workes and a torch if its aluminum.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Heard a neat trick a few days back about getting points out of carbon arrows. The person was relating this to another customer at a pro shop, take the nock off, hold the arrow pointed upright or level, select a drill bit that will just fit inside the shaft and stick it in, then swing the shaft sharply towards the ground (point end towards ground). Repeat a couple times as needed. Allegedly the drill bit will strike the point with enough force to pop it out of the shaft without having to heat anything up and without damaging the shaft itself.

Anyways, just something I heard. Since I hot melt everything I don't have a problem getting points out, lol :D!

>>-------->

1 - 8 of 8 Posts