Archery Talk Forum banner

Need help getting screws for Bowtech solution

1387 19
Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle Vehicle brake Fender

Sleeve Automotive tire Camera lens Reflex camera Camera accessory

Hey everyone I have had some issues on my Bowtech solution with a string manufacturer with serving separation and have taken them off way more than I wanted to and during this process I messed up the flex guard screw head a little and the round cable retainer screw head. They are still good deep but I would rather replace them before they get too messed up. I also dont have a Bowtech dealer nearby. Has anyone ever been able to get something like this direct from Bowtech? Or does anyone know how I can get my hands on these exact screws? If anyone has these or can get them I will gladly pay!
Thanks I’m advance for the help and advice Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Bicycle Vehicle brake Fender
Sleeve Automotive tire Camera lens Reflex camera Camera accessory
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
nope....bowtech won't even sell me directly a part I'm allowed to mess with (according to their manual)....a cable stop

and bowtech dealers around here won't order parts they don't make immediate money off of because they are short sighted fools

it's ridiculous....bear has shipped me several things direct

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope....bowtech won't even sell me directly a part I'm allowed to mess with (according to their manual)....a cable stop

and bowtech dealers around here won't order parts they don't make immediate money off of because they are short sighted fools

it's ridiculous....bear has shipped me several things direct
This is what I was afraid of. I live over an hour from Lancaster archery and honestly don’t have the time to go there and back then go there and back again when the parts come in it would be a total of almost 5 hours drive time and I just don’t have it with 2 little kids and my wife recently loosing her job so I’m pulling 60 hr weeks. Getting into the woods for a few hours is a struggle right now.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
This is what I was afraid of. I live over an hour from Lancaster archery and honestly don’t have the time to go there and back then go there and back again when the parts come in it would be a total of almost 5 hours drive time and I just don’t have it with 2 little kids and my wife recently loosing her job so I’m pulling 60 hr weeks. Getting into the woods for a few hours is a struggle right now.
call lancaster and explain

·
Registered
256 Posts
304 and 316 is just the makeup of the SS. You will be absolutely fine with either. I have gotten small screws directly from Bowtech before. I dropped a screw that holds the adjustable cam module and couldn’t find it. Called them and they sent me a bag with 4 at no charge. Worth a shot to call them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
304 and 316 is just the makeup of the SS. You will be absolutely fine with either. I have gotten small screws directly from Bowtech before. I dropped a screw that holds the adjustable cam module and couldn’t find it. Called them and they sent me a bag with 4 at no charge. Worth a shot to call them.
Ok thanks I thought the makeup and the added element in 316 changed the shear/tensile strength. I sent Bowtech an email hoping they respond as I always like using factory parts

·
Archery Addict
10,014 Posts
I buy all of my screws at a local bolt and screw shop. They always have what I need and at a fraction of the cost from the archery shops.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haven’t heard anything back from Bowtech yet but I found 316 stainless steel screws that are the right size do you all think the 316 stainless can handle the pressure it will be under in this application?

·
Registered
256 Posts
There is no difference in the strength of the 2. The difference more so comes from corrosion resistance. 316 is going to be more expensive (higher corrosion resistance), but for such a small part, it would be negligible.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is no difference in the strength of the 2. The difference more so comes from corrosion resistance. 316 is going to be more expensive (higher corrosion resistance), but for such a small part, it would be negligible.
Ok thanks wasn’t sure what kind of screw is originally in there I figured it’s just a zinc machine screw but I figured doesn’t hurt to ask and be safe

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
View attachment 7709124
View attachment 7709125

Those are security Torx screws. As far as taking the cables off the FLX Guard, you could have simply removed the block that mounts to the FLX limb that keeps the cables from jumping off the rollers. If you just slid the rubber vibration dampener over you would have seen the screws holding the block in place..
Hey everyone I have had some issues on my Bowtech solution with a string manufacturer with serving separation and have taken them off way more than I wanted to and during this process I messed up the flex guard screw head a little and the round cable retainer screw head. They are still good deep but I would rather replace them before they get too messed up. I also dont have a Bowtech dealer nearby. Has anyone ever been able to get something like this direct from Bowtech? Or does anyone know how I can get my hands on these exact screws? If anyone has these or can get them I will gladly pay!
Thanks I’m advance for the help and advice View attachment 7709124 View attachment 7709125

1 - 20 of 20 Posts