Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies I need your help! My oldest sister passed away last summer from pancreatic cancer. I read a thread from one of you who has breast cancer and just started cryin' all over again. No body should go through what I saw her suffer with. I have no words to describe what I saw. After last summer I decided to do something about it.
I am raising money for one of the cancer research organizations and want to incorporate purple into all of my bows. My cousin is one of the vice presidents of The VanAndel Institute in Grand Rapids Michigan. They do wonderful stuff for all kinds of cancers and have a great kids program too. My sister was a teacher and will be honored by my helping where I can.
The color for pancreatic cancer is neon purple and I was hoping you might be able to post some pictures of purple strings, accessories, and other ideas to 'trick' my bows out. String combinations, wrist slings, etc. would be super helpful. In general any idea would be welcome. I am using purple fletching on all of my arrows. Thanks in advance!
Mac

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Violet Purple Crochet Lavender Knitting

Neon Purple and Purple camo Bling Sling

Very sorry to hear about your sisier, Just lost my father to Lukemia, Cancer is a vile disease I hope they can find a cure.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Bicycle wheel Bicycle part Bicycle drivetrain part Bicycle Sports equipment

Purple, black and silver.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Very awesome sling......

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Yea, guys, they're the "Bling Sling" I make them and sell them on here and on my website.
Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
I feel your pain, I lost my sister to pancreatic cancer 17 years ago and I can still remember her taking her last breath and the pain finally draining from her face. It breaks my heart, a very cruel cancer it is.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Lost my mom to pancreatic cancer 10 years ago very cruel cancer sorry to hear about your sister. This year I finally got to create my purple Athens exceed in memory of my mom. Purple riser and cams and strings and white limbs with a purple cancer ribbon hand painted on the limbs and purple blazer vanes on my arrows. Battle drum warps also made me some purple warps with cancer ribbon for my traditional arrows. try to get some pics of bow posted when i get more time.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Lost my mom to pancreatic 4 days after thanks giving. A lot of purple around here. Man I miss her.
Sorry brother. I pray peace will rest upon your shoulders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.