Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend just received a bow he bought on eBay. It is a McPherson Hornet VX...he just got it today in the mail...it didn't come with an owner's manual. We don't know the year the bow was made. He bought it because it was advertized as adjustable in draw length....I think he said from 24 to 31 inches. Now we find out on the internet that it needs a different module to change the draw length.

Seems like he needs module m6 because his draw length is 25 inches.

WHERE CAN HE GO TO BUY THAT MODULE TO CHANGE THE DRAW LENGTH? Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
51,092 Posts
Don't remember the bow but I really don't think your going to find a module for it. This is just a wild guess but I'll bet it is 10+ years or older. I have a real problem with people buying bows off line they don't have any personal knowledge on as they can get stuck with a bow that will never work for them either because it was misrepresented or parts are not longer available for them. Working in a pro shop I hate to say I've seen this happen way too much then the person just wasted their time and money. For example had a guy the other day---got a great deal on a Mathews------great ya in a pigs eye-----cost him over $400 to get the bow in working order-----cracked limb, string and cables were junk, so on so forth. He would have been farther ahead to buy a brand new one------money wise and nerve wise.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
A friend of mine just got one last Saturday at the PA Bowhunter Festival. Fully outfitted and everything for $250. I just gave it "the business" yesterday (set to spec, DL, DW, new center serving, nock point, loop, silencers, rerouted cables, trimmed cam and idler lean and a few other "enhancements" some call supertuning) and he'll be over this morning to tune it with some broadheads.

This link.... http://www.huntersfriend.com/2007-Bow-Reviews/bow-specifications-charts-main.htm ...has the specs for it. Look under '04 models.

My bud got a bunch of mods with his....26", 27" (which he's using), 28", 29" and 30". No 25", though. It does go from 24-31 with mods. Perhaps the 25" is around somewhere.

This will at least bump this to the top so more can see it. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
miwai, I would register here; http://www.benpearson.com/forum.html and ask around about the mods. Pearson built these bows and someone might able to help. I would also call Pearson and see if they could point you in the right direction.
Buster, how did that bow turn out for your buddy?

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
miwai, I would register here; http://www.benpearson.com/forum.html and ask around about the mods. Pearson built these bows and someone might able to help. I would also call Pearson and see if they could point you in the right direction.
Buster, how did that bow turn out for your buddy?
Well, it needs fine tuned and he should be here in a half hour to do that. We'll get it flinging blades in no time. But he really likes it so far. It fits him nicely, too. I was shooting the wrong arrows out of it yesterday (too stiff) and it's 1" too short for me, but I found it very easy to shoot. Quite forgiving for a 31" bow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts