Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
are they chasing yet??
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i decided to go back with fixed blades this year,was going with muzzyy 100's
anyone have any experience with the 4-blade or should i stick with 3-blade,and also if i go with four blade whats the advantage,and should the vane set-up be the same with the 4-blade,thanks !!!!!!

·
When's bow season start?
8,915 Posts
First of all, the vane set-up doesn't matter one bit. So don't lose any sleep over that.

Some guys like the extra blade that a 4-bladed head gives you. Some guys like the triangular cut that a 3-bladed head makes. All you need to know is that, if either a 3 or 4-bladed Muzzy shoots well with your bow, you are good-to-go.

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
4 blade heads will make a bigger hole. The 1 1/8" Muzzys blow a heck of a hole:)

·
Registered
731 Posts
Muzzy Broadheads are bad azz to say the least. I was hunting rabbits in a junk yard once and shot one through a car door just to see what would happen, bent the blades pretty good, but it went all the way through from about 20 feet away with a 70# bow...All I can say is you cant go wrong with the 3 or 4 blade....

·
Shootingairborne
10,576 Posts
me 2!

swackhamer said:
Ive used both and had great luck with both. Id say go with personal preff
I loved the 4 blades, they are hard to find here in VA so I went with the 3. Both are great! I shot 75 grains so the 3 is the way for me.

good luck! May all of your arrows fly ture and hit the spot!
Airborne All The Way!:angel:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I've used 3 blade and 4 blade muzzys. Both do the job but I like the extra blade for more cutting, and I like the X that 4 blade cuts vs the Y that 3 blade cut. And like BDHUNTR said lining up the blades with the vanes does nothing. 3 and 4 bld both fly the same for me.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with arrowslinger200. Justt returned from Florida after hunting for hogs. Shot 2 w/ 4 blade camo Muzzys. Boy did those pigs Bbeed-Bigger hole, xtra slice, and no noticeable change in arrow flight w/ 4 vs 3 blade. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with arrowslinger200. Justt returned from Florida after hunting for hogs. Shot 2 w/ 4 blade camo Muzzys. Boy did those pigs Bleed-Bigger hole, xtra slice, and no noticeable change in arrow flight w/ 4 vs 3 blade. Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I like the four. Just pick three or four and save your practice blades. I just finished shooting at last light and they fly great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts