Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just joined this website and I am in the market for a new bow and need some help.

I am leaning toward Mathews LX or Hoyt VTEC, XTEC or ultra tec.

I like a bow with a solid wall at full draw and shoots smooth. Any suggestions or help?

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Newbie Bow

Check out Bowtech, I shoot a justice but I like short bows, they have alot of other longer bows if you prefer that. Hoyt Xtec is ok but I didnt care for their grip.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

mathews seem pretty sweet but I like the ultra tec too. I guess whatever I get the best deal on!

Thanks..

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
there are lots of good bows out there it just depends on your price range.....

my personal favorites are the mcpherson edge and mcpherson bishop.....

I also like the Pearson Dagger, the cam has a very solid wall to it......

if you are looking to go a little cheaper think about the pearson pitbull and bulldog...... similar bows with differant cams, the bulldog is a solo cam and the pitbull is a hybrid.......

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
New Bow

Hoyt's are what I have and love them all, but there are some other fine bows out there, such as Mathews, Bowtech etc... You need to find a pro shop, and try the ones you like out, and figure out which one feels the best for you.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I tried the ultra tec and almost bought it then I tried the LX, WOW :thumbs_up I love the solid wall (when at 80%), I pull hard into the wall and a soft wall was giving me some left right issues. They are non-existant with the LX. I have a short(26 1/2)draw though. The bowtech also has a solid wall but my buddy had problems with the finish coming off on the grip. Other wise another good bow. Best to try them all and chose from there.
Good Luck and shoot straight!
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts