Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys decided on trying to resurect my old hoyt vtec. i love that bow! my first real bow, my first hoyt and i love it, but the problem is, it is a 60 lb 28.5 inch draw bow and i now currently have a hoyt alphaburner at 31 inch draw at 70 pounds( getting new limbs soon to go for 80) and i was wondering a few things, would it be possible to frankenbow my old vtec, and get a set of 70- 80 pound limbs on it, with some faster more aggresive cams and get that short little bow back in the woods? what all do i need? i can figure on new strings and cables, and i know new limbs, what kind should i look for? i was thinking xt2000 with some sprials? what kind of gains in speed can i get? i dont want too long of a brace height, somewhere around 6-6.5 is fine for me, and ata doesnt matter at all. i dont need it crazy fast, just blazing will do..... lol. thanks for any help guys
(ps im also thinking of taking my dads old defiant and making that a target bow if it works out) thanks alot

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok heres what i have figured out. im going for about a 6 inch brace height on the vtec, ill need new limbs, new cams, cables and strings. also gonna add a string stop. im thinking z3 cams, and 70 lb xt200 limbs. anybody able to explain to me how deflection effects ata? also what length limbs?

also my brother bout a used carbon matrix. i wanna steal it when hes not looking and slap some spirals on it with burner limbs and have awicked bow.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
A V-Tec with XT2000s IS an UltraTEC and you can use the UT tune charts to find the cam size and harnessing lengths. The UT 2000 with Spiral cams is a deceptively fast bow and it will have a sub-7" brace height and be a tad over 37" long. What a shooter, too. Super accurate, forgiving and fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts