Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO GUYS, I RAN A POST ON ANOTHER THREAD AND HAD NOOOOOOO LUCK SO IM GOING TO TRY THIS ONE.. my ? is , is there a fletching that is better than others? i have seen guys with 1'' to 4'' fletchings on there arrows. ill be using them for 3-d only . ive used 1.5 mini blazers and 1.5 shield cut x vanes for the past 2 years. i have some easton tite flight 2'' also that i never used yet. and should they be straight or have a offset? i had a man tell me it dont matter what ya use because they all work the same.. "dont know if thats true'' but anyways any help on this would be appreciated ..

·
74,535 Posts
I put mine 2.0HP Vanetecs (Basicly the same as Blazers) on straight. I cant see the difference.

DB

·
Registered
870 Posts
It mainly depends on the size of the arrow for me and the type of rest im shooting. I do see the difference with vanes. One thing I will say is that 2in blazers are great for 3d and indoor but not as much for field. Something a little less high profile for field and smaller arrows. Less wind drag.
Jame

·
Registered
184 Posts
I use the 1.5 mini for 3D and the 2" for hunting...... I tried others but keep coming back to the Blazers. Bohning archery products is just hard to beat. This is my opinion.

·
Registered
356 Posts
sorry forgot to mention the 2" is the shortest i can use in the hunter and advanced hunter classes....open class is that shoot any as long as its a minimum of 3 vanes to a arrow...

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
`have shot 2.3 duravanes in the past but im going to use the bohning x2 blazer this year.

·
DeaD Middle
4,447 Posts
I like the Bohning X2's for 3D nice comprimise between high profile short vanes & low profile. If yours group well shoot them! Fatter arrows too me = more fletch to control them imo.

·
kill'n deer, drink'n beer
9,752 Posts
bohning X2's!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK FELLA'S... I JUST FLETCHED MY CARBON EXPRESS CXL PRO'S WITH 1.5 MINI BLAZERS AND PUT A OFFSET ON THEM..
THANKS AGAIN AND ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND ! :cocktail:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts