Archery Talk Forum banner

length of stab

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting one only for regular 3d and a few indoor spots and indoor 3d, but no moving tagets or popups. what should i get?

·
Registered
24,903 Posts
the thing about stabs is its all a personal choice.

maybe it would be worth finding a dealer and trying few out?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the thing about stabs is its all a personal choice.

maybe it would be worth finding a dealer and trying few out?
i have shot some longer stabs, never those because i cnat find a place that has them, but i have shot some 25s and some 30s. i liked the 30 a lot better. i am thinking about the 36.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
it will really depend on you, your size, your shooting dynamics, and the balance of your bow. If you are an average size guy, have a 28inch draw length and shooting a 38 ATA bow, I would say something around the 30" TO 34" should be great. You really need to set uop your stab to fit you, your dynamics and the bow. you will need to experiment with the weights, it is most common that most guys are running around 3oz on front and 7-8 on the back bar, butr that is just a general ave. and it is totally dependant on you.

give Blair (RIMax) a pm or bigGP, or BrownHornet they may have some good advise for you. or PM me with your info and I may be able to help.

good luck and great choice on the stabs, Harry

·
Registered
23,626 Posts
What bow will it be going on?

What are the specs (draw length?)

What do you use now and how does it work?

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am only 14 years old and i am around 5'4'' and i am only around 120lbs, so i have a 26 inch draw and i will be pulling 52-55lbs. i want to shoot a side bar 2, but dont know which one to get.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
need answers quick. i dont know if dragging a 36 inch stab thru the woods is practical, but my local pro shops say that the longer the better. even for me with a 26 inch draw.

·
World & National Champion
33,999 Posts
I've always shot right around a 30" bar. I got a set of bstingers to see what all the hype was about and I got a 36" after their advice. I haven't put much time behind the bow but I think it's too long for my setups. 33" seems to be pretty popular on here.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
need answers quick. i dont know if dragging a 36 inch stab thru the woods is practical, but my local pro shops say that the longer the better. even for me with a 26 inch draw.
Call the company, I bet they can get you in the right ball park and even suggest the weights to use...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think the longer the better for pure shooting (absent being in the woods issues, though that has not been a problem for me). That is because the longer the stabilizer, the less weight u need on the end to steady your shot. The only down side to a long stab is the weight of the bar itself, and that a longer bar will tend to flex more, negating the stabilizing effect. However, this is not a problem with the B-Stinger, because the bar is incredibly light, and it does not flex even in the slightest. I have a 36" premier XL. Prior to getting it, I increased my then present bar to 36' by use of an extender, just to see the difference. I shot much better with 36" than 31". But it was kinda heavy. With the B-S, weight was not an issue. Good Luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts