Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
35,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend showed up be me tonight, the eve b4 season opener I might ad, with an older Hoyt Fastflight that he broke the string and cables on. Can anyone help me with instructions/manual for this bow and cam design and also maybe where to get new strings/cables. I'm thinking of just calling VT since they usually get stuff quick.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
There are quite a few models that have FastFlite in them (Defiant, FlashPoint, SuperStar, Spectra, SuperSlam, ProForce, ProVantage plus maybe some I missed) along with 1, 2 or 3 cam options. Do you know which model? Possibly list what is etched in the cams? Steel or fiber cables? It could be so many string/cable lengths so if you can get some further info that may help.

·
Registered
330 Posts
IroquoisArcher said:
There are quite a few models that have FastFlite in them (Defiant, FlashPoint, SuperStar, Spectra, SuperSlam, ProForce, ProVantage plus maybe some I missed) along with 1, 2 or 3 cam options. Do you know which model? Possibly list what is etched in the cams? Steel or fiber cables? It could be so many string/cable lengths so if you can get some further info that may help.
Hoyt made one I believe in the early 90's that was just called the Fast Flight, not Defiant Fast Flight, Spectra Fast Flight, etc. I maybe be wrong, but I think that's the one he's talking about. It had a grip as big as a baseball.

·
Vendor
35,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dunnhead said:
Hoyt made one I believe in the early 90's that was just called the Fast Flight, not Defiant Fast Flight, Spectra Fast Flight, etc. I maybe be wrong, but I think that's the one he's talking about. It had a grip as big as a baseball.
That's the one. It just says fastflight on the limbs. They are laminated limbs (one piece, not the split 3/4") and it's a 2 cam.

Anyone have any additional help on this? I could use the intial specs like brace height and ATA.

It's a 28" draw but does not even list the draw weight.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Not trying to say it isn't just a FastFlite but I don't see it in my specs anywheres just as that. Not saying I have them all or it isn't called just that but I have seen them labled on the limb FastFlite but still be one of the other models. What is marked on the cams? That may help.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had an early 90's Hoyt ProVantage, the limbs were the Fastflight type. What that means is they were the shorter laminated glass limbs. That is not the type of bow. I could have ordered them for the Spectra, SuperSlam, or any of the other handle styles Hoyt made at that time. You need to figure out which handle it is and that info along with limb, wheel/cam type (is it a round wheel with 50% let-off or e-wheel) and a pro shop can help you out.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It praobably is just a fast flight. that was the name of that model. I remember when it first cam out but I know none of the info on it other than it was a really mean cam and it wasnt very fast compared to todays standards.

·
Vendor
35,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess I'll have to go the Pro Shop. There is nothing on the cams or anywhere else on the bow. Thanks for the info guys.

·
edthearcher
6,494 Posts
hoyt

simple answer pick up the phone and call hoyt with the bow in your hand, as they will ask you several questions. they can tell you what it is and what it needs for strings and cables. there phone number is on there web site ED:sad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
old bow's

Scottie said:
That's the one. It just says fastflight on the limbs. They are laminated limbs (one piece, not the split 3/4") and it's a 2 cam.

Anyone have any additional help on this? I could use the intial specs like brace height and ATA.

I also have a 1997 hoyt mystic intruder and need two #2 modules to go to a 28.5 draw and I can't find them anywhere, Is ther anyone out there that has information on htis bow.

·
Registered
15 Posts
old bow's

Scottie said:

I also have a 1997 hoyt mystic intruder and need two #2 modules to go to a 28.5 draw and I can't find them anywhere, Is ther anyone out there that has information on htis bow.:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
hoyt mystic intruder 1997

Looking for # 2 modules to change to a 28.5 draw. Is there anyone who can help me locate them. Hoyt dosn't make the modules anymore. Can I change the limbs and go that way or just hope for the best:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts