Archery Talk Forum banner

Need Help On tuning for BIG and FAT arrows..

608 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  helixarcher89
Hi There..

I hope some experts can help me with this..

I am a target archer..
I am using a hoyt Pro-elite '07 , XT3000 with cams & 1/2 and Easton X7 spine 2314 eclipse arrows.. As this is for my indoor target bow..

I have a few problems here as i am new to compound shooting after just switching from recurve.

As i am using a trophy taker spring steel 2 arrow rest with the "BEST" launcher blade size .012. I have this problem that when ever i draw the bow, my arrow would fall off from the launcher blades.

So can anyone give me some advice on this to prevent my arrow dropping off from the rest?

Thank you very much in advance...

Cheers
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
768 Posts
Are you using a mechanical release? If so are you using a d-loop or shooting right off the string? If using a d-loop, you may want to check to see that your loop is not pinching the nock of the arrow when the pressure of drawling the bow is applied. I always leave about 1/8 to 3/16" of space below the nock between it and the lower knot of the d-loop. If you are shooting directly off the string, I would suggest going to a d-loop. If you are shooting fingers, the issue is that you are pinching the nock. Drop down about 1/8" below the nock.

· Registered
3,309 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok.. thanks guyz.. Yup i am using a release.. and i guess my d loop pinches my arrow..hehex.. coz i never make the nock bigger as i just make it to the same size..

Thank you so much...

Cheers

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looney Bin..

Yea.. I am tieing that method which is shown and posted by dezeelin but the thing is that i just make my nocking point to normal fit as what i used to do in recurve..hehex..
Anyway thank you for the link..

Cheers and good shooting..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.