Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have never had a moveable pin sight before and there are lots of diff models out there. which one do i need? need scope to match with a green pin and no sure about magification on scope? please help

·
Back Yard Champion
29,779 Posts
Suggest you contact Lancaster Archery and get their catalog.

Evidently you're talking about a sight frame, scope housing and lens.
The Sure Loc Challenger with 9" bar and 4" vertical adjustment is great for starting out and just as great for all out competition. Depends on dealer, but $190 maybe.

There are several scope housings and lens combination available. Another factor is diameter. Ideally, you want the housing completely outside of the view through your peep or you want the housing within (see light around it) when viewing through your peep. How much you want to invest? Some run around a $100 and go way up. Bull's Eye Sights and Scopes has a combo called "The Boss" Carbon, a carbon scope housing and with what power lens you want. The lens comes with fiber optic pins of different colors for that about $100 said.

A 3 or 4X lens is good to start with and use on spots or 3D.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
yep,

i started out with a used sure-loc challenger via classifieds.

bought a new 4X viper scope .019 up pin.

***one very important thing to consider***

depending on your vision................you might have to get a peep/clarifier lens system to "clean-up" a fuzzy lens picture.

i ended up using a specialty archery super ball peep and a 1/8 #1 clarifier.

also might want to look for the ATA 'apparent magnification' chart that is available. its sorts out ACTUAL peep/eye to scope distances.................and how a certain lense will look regardless of whats stamped on the lens!

best of both worlds................

without the aperature in.................the peep opening is 3/16" which works well with my copper john hunting sight.

i can shoot both the CJ deadnuts proII and sureloc with the same dovetail mount.

might someday want to shoot open................fun shooting spots too!

camoham

·
Registered
275 Posts
Coop, I was in the same boat as you a couple months ago. I ended up with a Shibuya Ultima CP365 and an Extreme 4X scope. So far I am more then happy with this setup. Good Luck and welcome to open class

·
Banned
7,286 Posts
If you have never shot a scope before, here is what I would recommend for an initial setup.

Sure-Loc Supreme - Model 400 if you have a fast bow, Model 550 if you have a slow bow.

CR APEX 3D Scope with a .019 Center-Glo pin. Get a 2X lens and have it drilled for the .019 pin. Get yourself a green pin...best light transmission. DONT go to a 4x or 6x lens for 3D initially...if you did all you would see would be black or brown, depending on the target. You will also see your pin moving ALL OVER the place.

Get the sun-shade for the scope.

Dont worry about a clarifier at 2X...high doubt you would need one unless your eyes are bad.

And, away you go! Hope this helped!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I recommend a Sword Titan! You get the sight bar, scope, lens and a light for around $300!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts