Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 60# z7 extreme w 27.5 in draw. Shooting the mutiny carbon express 250 spine arrows. And cannot get it to paper tune. Always a left tear. I've tried new arrows, different form in case it was me torqueing the bow and still left tear, moving rest doesn't take the tear out either. Any thing im not trying let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Spine is really 250? Why over IMO. Are you a lefty? How about fletching contact?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right now handed, no fletching contact, and I have not tried twisting the yoke . I don't have a draw board to tell. But I will try that thanks.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Spine is really 250? Why over IMO. Are you a lefty? How about fletching contact?
Carbon express feels the need to put odd numbers on their arrows a mutiny 250 is really a .400 spine arrow...

Left tear is saying the spine is weak you don't mention what weight tip your using. I'd try a lower grain tip first and also what direction did you move the rest in if you do move it you should be moving it towards the riser.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im shooting 100 grain tips, and I was moving the rest away from the riser and towards the riser maybe I didn't get it far enough. Thanks for the help guys gonna give it a try now.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Did you try twisting the left yoke, Idler lean at full draw?
Thats what I would be doing! But remember, whatever you do to the left yolk (twist), you may have to undo to the right yolk (untwist). Some people say you HAVE to untwist the right, some say you do NOT HAVE to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts