Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for your time and attention. I am having trouble with my arrow groupings. Almost every time I shoot a group of three of the same arrows I get two arrows close to each other with the other being at least 6 inches from the other two. What is going on? I tried every thing I can think of. I keep thinking that maybe, just maybe my draw length is too long. I have tried shooting with both eyes open and one eye closed? Same result. I try different ways of gripping (or lack there of) my bow. I just can't seem to fix this problem. If I can resolve this problem, my confidence would be back up. I have a astigmatism in my eyes. Wondering if this is a problem.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. Might be. I'll check when I shoot again and let you know. Why do you ask?

·
Registered
452 Posts
number the arrows

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sounds like you may have a bad arrow....next time you shoot those 3 the one that flys off put a mark on the vane with a Sharpie and then reshoot those same arrows if the one with the mark flys off again then the arrow is bad not you

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sounds like you may have a bad arrow....next time you shoot those 3 the one that flys off put a mark on the vane with a Sharpie and then reshoot those same arrows if the one with the mark flys off again then the arrow is bad not you
Right on. had the same problem. Not every one that you get is gonna be perfect.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'll do that. Been looking at different arrows and their FOCs. How important is an arrow's Front Of Center? I shoot with a mechanical release and normally 100gr. tips and 2" blazer vanes. I am open for change though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beman ICS Hunter 400 is what I shoot. Are they a pretty good arrow?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts