Archery Talk Forum banner

Need help sighting in 1 pin

520 9
I just bought a cbe 1pin engage hybrid. When I sight in and use tape it says , I can't get to 100 yrds. It stops at 90.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Real helos, have 2 rotors
10,321 Posts
Slide the dovetail in a notch or two, and redo your tape.
That should get you to 100 yards.

· Registered
PSE Ferocity, Elite Enlist, some KTBs
299 Posts
The scope has a limited slide range, and thus a limited distance range it can cover.
I am shooting 55lbs at 27,5 ...28", and my single pin scopes max out at 65 .. 80 meter (appr. 70..90 yds), depending on arrow weigth.

· Registered
6,783 Posts
I'm not familiar with that sight; but if you move the pointer till its set for 20 yards, does the sight still have room for adjustment past the 20 yard mark?
If it does then you need to unbolt the sight from the extension bar, then move it to the next lower set of mounting holes, which will move your sight tape mounting position higher where you stick it on; and allow for more range on the lower end. Again, i'm not familiar with that sight ; i have an HHA.

On my HHA, when i first put the sight on my bow; i use the middle 2 mounting holes on the bow riser (there are 5 holes); and i use the middle 2 holes where the sight housing mounts to the sight bar (there are several). The bow riser holes are approx 1/2" apart, the sight holes are about 1/4" apart. I then move the slider so the sight is adjusted all the way up to the top of the range. Shoot an arrow; if the arrow is low; rather than adjusting the slider downward and making a mark; i unbolt the sight and move to the next lower set of holes. Repeat until i find the location where my 20 yard mark is as high up the slider range as it can possibly be without going too far. If i get an arrow that hits high with the sight adjusted to the top of the range, i know i've gone to far. This leaves the maximum possible range on the far end. Hope this makes sense. If you have the 20 as high as possible, and still bottom out at 90 on the low end; its a symptom of having your peep abnormally low (high anchor position on your face). If that's the case you can adjust your anchor position by moving the peep up; or as mentioned, bring the sight in closer to the riser and redo the tape, since the gaps get closer as the sight gets closer to the riser.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.