Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have this new (old) bow I recently acquired. I'm not an archery expert and my bank account is in the negatives.. plus I live nowhere near the city to get any shop work done anyways. I have a couple questions about it actually. The first being; What exactly is this bow? I haven't been able to find anything about it except a few vague ads from a couple years ago selling used ones.. I even asked Bear for a manual, they gave me one for the White tail hunter I also recently acquired, but told me they had no manual for the "Bear Paw". The only facts I know about this bow is that It's got 70 pounds of pull and it came with a whisker biscuit and apex fibre optic sight.

M Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 3.25.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 3.26.12 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 3.26.56 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 3.27.21 PM.jpg

More importantly, my second question is, how do I string it? I have both the cables for the cams attached, but I'm not sure how to go about attaching the string. Sorry for my over cautious attitude, but I've only ever strung long and recurve bows when I was younger. And again, I have no access to a shop/bow press etc. How can I attach the string and get this thing shooting? I think I know how the string goes on, but how do I get it on safely? There's gotta be a way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the srings actualy in really good condition. The problem is I have no bow press or money to go get it strung by a pro. I just want to know if it's possible to string this thing by hand

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Quick google search brought up "Jim-Bows Archery" in Edmonton. If the string is indeed good they will likely just put it back on without charging you. With your inexperience I wouldnt recommend that you do any work on that bow. If you cant get to this shop right now then I would wait until you can to try and fix it.

http://www.jimbowsarchery.ca/contact-us.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts