Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting a 2009 bowtech captain 29'' draw at 70 lbs. with a qad drop away rest and my arrows are cx maxima hunters 350 spine and are 29'' with 125 gr tip. My problem is when I shoot a bare shaft from about 15 ft. it always hits the target at an angle with the nock end going to the left. I moved the rest all the way in both directions shooting at intervals and it only changed point of impact, the arrow was still hitting with the nock to the left. I could get the angle alittle smaller but could not get it to go away. I think the spine is wrong but not sure if to weak or to stiff. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I would say to weak,especially with 125gn heads,shorten your arrows an inch or 2 and 100gn heads and youn should be ok;to shoot bare shafts efficiently,your bow has to be tuned to perfection.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My 70lb 09 Captain 28"draw with 26.5" arrows 100gn tips like a 340 spine. I tried for a long time trying to tune 400 spines and I couldn't get them to tune(even at 63lbs). Some Captains had riser torque issues caused from the roller guard. Do a search on this forum for Captain tuning.
I had to go with a TAP shoot thru roller guard and stiffer arrows. Now it shoots bareshafts at 50 yds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts