Archery Talk Forum banner

Diamond Infinite Edge Pink Camo vs. PSE Fever 1 Pink Skullworks

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy a bow for my girlfriend (of course it has to be pink camo)...
I am deciding between the "Diamond Infinite Edge Pink Camo" and the "PSE Fever 1 Pink Skullworks" bows. Both come with the same RTS package items i believe.
Their price ranges are more or less the same, but I am still having trouble coming to a decision.

Which is better of the two? Which would you purchase? HELP ME!!

:wink:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just gpt my lady friend the diamond infinite edge about 6 weeks ago. I set her up with 27" Beman ICS Bowhunters in 500 spine and started her at 40 pounds with her 26" draw length.

The diamond can be relaxed using the limb bolts to the point you could remove the strings and not need a press ever. Since then I've tuned it up to 45 pounds and she's shooting 4" groups at 30 yards having never shot a bow before in her life.

I also picked up some Rage SS broadheads, they're designed to work with lower KE bows.

Her bow is black btw, she's not a pink kind of lady.

Good luck!

·
OEF VI VET
6,681 Posts
The infinite edge is more adjustable and can be worked on without a bow press but the back wall is pretty mushy. The fever 1 is a bit faster (around 10-15 fps when set to the same specs) and has a decent back wall, but there is only about 25# of adjustability on each set of limbs. Both are more accurate than any person shooting them. I would let her shoot both and decide herself, neither one is leagues above the other. That being said if I was an adult woman and had to decide I would pick the fever 1 for the better back wall and extra speed. For a growing child I would pick the infinite edge for the extra adjustability.

·
USMC 04/2005-05/2013
3,603 Posts
Do NOT, choose for her. Let HER decide which one she likes. Have her shoot them both.

·
Registered
49,786 Posts
Question 1------are you planning on shooting it?
I highly doubt it.
Question 2------- which one does "SHE" want????
It's not going to be your bow, your not going to shoot it, it's not your choice, it's her choice.
Now with that said, PSE IMHO is the better choice but those two bows are not the only ones out there to choose from.
My advice take her to a pro shop or two then go find something else to do and let her get what "she" wants.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Oh yeah I didn't mention it but when I said "I got her" I meant I bought it for her. We went out and she shot a couple bows and really liked the Diamond.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Question 1------are you planning on shooting it?
I highly doubt it.
Question 2------- which one does "SHE" want????
It's not going to be your bow, your not going to shoot it, it's not your choice, it's her choice.
Now with that said, PSE IMHO is the better choice but those two bows are not the only ones out there to choose from.
My advice take her to a pro shop or two then go find something else to do and let her get what "she" wants.
Question 1 - I only plan on shooting the bow for tuning etc.
Question 2 - It doesn't matter to her which one she gets, as long as its pink. I just want to get a good bow for her - not a mediocre bow - in case she comes to love the sport and chooses to improve her skills. Right now the bow would be just for recreational shooting with me.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My wife went with the infinite edge it just really fit her better and she liked the "looks" of it better. It is just a great all around bow.

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
take a look, or have her look at the darton ranger x, in muddy girl camo,,,,, women love it, and it is a great bow on top of that

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Question 2 - It doesn't matter to her which one she gets, as long as its pink. I just want to get a good bow for her - not a mediocre bow - in case she comes to love the sport and chooses to improve her skills. Right now the bow would be just for recreational shooting with me.
Almost impossible for you to shoot her bow for tuning.

·
The pointy end...
2,370 Posts
What is your definition of a "mediocre" bow?
The Fever One and the Infinite Edge are pretty much as entry level as it gets before you've ventured into complete china territory.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Personally a PSE guy. Was coaching a girl with Diamond Infinite Edge and honestly, had nothing but problems. Screws were constantly coming out, string stop would fall off. Once we got it all sorted the bow did shoot fairly well, but I find PSE quality to be higher.

Just my experience, but I do like the idea behind the infinite edge.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My wife tried both. The only difference noticed was the PSE was a tad easier to draw. She shot them both several times. In the end, we got the Diamond. The feel, weight and draw of the two sere so close as to really not be a factor. What sealed the deal was the adjustments you can do to the Diamond. 5-70 lbs.and 13-30 inch DL is amazing. When she decides to upgrade, my nephew can use this our we can resell with no problem.

Several ladies and a few young ladies and guys in the area around here shoot the Diamond in 3d matches. Several more started on them and moved up to a more competitive type bow. Their bows are still in use as they are sold or loaned to others.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts