Archery Talk Forum banner

Need help Why the cam is skew

629 8
My bow is martin firecat 08 camo,55-70#.After one year of shooting, I find the bottom cam is skew,the string is not in the middle of the slot.I don't know why it likes that.No dry fire. How can I do for it?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,172 Posts
Yep,pull the axle and roll it on a smooth surface ie..glass or counter top and check the string and cable lengths while you have it apart.If its been this way awhile you want to check the cam bearing/bushing also and replace them as well.also check the end servings on string and cables as they may be wearing due to this.

· Registered
5,465 Posts
Yep,pull the axle and roll it on a smooth surface ie..glass or counter top and check the string and cable lengths while you have it apart.If its been this way awhile you want to check the cam bearing/bushing also and replace them as well.also check the end servings on string and cables as they may be wearing due to this.
Also check the limb to make sure it has not been rounded out. You can contact JoelC or Pug on here, they both work for Martin, or better yet call Martin and ask for either one of them.

You can back the limb bolts out far enough on a Martin to remove the strings and the cam, just remember how they went on. I like to take pictures and draw them out because my memory is not what it used to be!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.