Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
The Double Bulls are great blinds. We have the T5 and the Matrix and both are top quality products. However, if you didn't want to spend that much than you've got to take a very serious look at the new Cabela's Full Draw 5X blind. This new Cabela's blind is very, very similar to the DB blinds but has an even better leafy cut camo fabric. I've talked with a few that have bought them and they are very pleased. I may just have to invest in one for this next spring Turkey season?

·
Banned
559 Posts
Here's my first bowkill

I shot this guy from an Ameristep Doghouse. You can see it in the back ground. It is all the blind I need to hunt from and it only cost $69.99

·
Registered
20 Posts
blids

I just bought a stackhouse from bigbuckmiddaugh in the classifieds. $75 plus real shipping. He is great to work with, and I will do business again. The blind is plenty big enough for two people and you can stand and shoot. Hope this helps.
Drew:wink:

·
John
2,732 Posts
I bought a stackhouse, too. The only thing I don't like about it is that the portholes are too low for my taste. I would have to kneel on the ground to shoot through them. I would like it better if they were higher so that I could shoot from my stool.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
bowmanpete,
Welcome to Archery Talk! :welcome:

I prefer hub style blinds over pop ups. The all of the materials that they're made of seem to last longer....irregaurdless of the brand.

I purchased a Cabelas Full Draw 5 ground blind, this spring and have enjoyed a lot of success hunting groundhogs from it. This blind is easy to set up, take down, carry in/out, has plenty of windows and the camo pattern blends well with most surroundings. At $149.99, it is a good blind, at a decent price. :nod:

Good luck with your choices!
Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
834 Posts
check on others

Double bull makes a dang good blind. Don't really know why it cost 300 bucks..however

I hunted in one last weekend and I am 6'3". I had to bend over a little to look out of the windows. I had the swivel chair as low as it would go and still had to stoop over...

not impressed at all..my back ached all night long

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Matrix comes in two sizes...

zwbonner said:
Double bull makes a dang good blind. Don't really know why it cost 300 bucks..however

I hunted in one last weekend and I am 6'3". I had to bend over a little to look out of the windows. I had the swivel chair as low as it would go and still had to stoop over...

not impressed at all..my back ached all night long
Good evening, ZW,

At 6'3", you'd have had much better luck with the Recurve model Matrix. I have three of them, and It's 74" tall. I'm 5'11" and my head doesn't touch the top anywhere, by at least a couple-to-three inches.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Wile_E_Coyote said:
Good evening, ZW,

At 6'3", you'd have had much better luck with the Recurve model Matrix. I have three of them, and It's 74" tall. I'm 5'11" and my head doesn't touch the top anywhere, by at least a couple-to-three inches.

Just a thought...

Thanks for the insight...didn't know they made a taller version

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ground Escape DX

I love my Escape DX, a lot heavier material than the Ameristeps, but not as expensive as the DB, hunted out of one last year when I ruptured my Achilles, plenty of room and sets up very easily...

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
asat has an excellent blind this year.....it goes for 249.99 i believe:smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts