Archery Talk Forum banner

need help with a hoyt

573 3
I am trying to help a friend set up a bow that he got from someone. the sticker tells me the draw is 30.5 to 27.5. he should be at a 28 inch draw. when i take the bolt out of the draw mod and move it to what should be 27.5 its really at 29 inch. I dont know the year of the bow but it is a ZR200 with a VP2R cam and the draw mod is a #2. i didnt think there was any other mods neede for a hoyt but the one that was on it. can anyone help??
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
359 Posts
How old is the string? Its not uncommon for older strings to stretch as much as a inch. I would be willing to say that a new string would correct this. Im assuming that the bow is used.

My hunting buddy just had his string replaced on his Browning illusion and it was stretched to the point that his DL was 1" longer...

· Registered
47,636 Posts
I'd check the Hoyt tune charts if you can and then check the string and cable length. It's an older bow. And you'll need to look for the name of the riser, as ZR200 is only the limb designation (15", billet, 3/4" wide, split limbs). There should be a sticker, decal or badge of some sort with the name on it, like MagnaTec, MTSport, Raptor, etc...

It's a single cam, correct? I can't remember which cam that is, but the VC2R cam (VersaCam) had a rotating module and draw stop peg. You didn't need other modules. I had a Hoyt and a Reflex with that cam. I liked it and it was very versatile in DL and letoff adjustment. Very tuneable valley.

I'd say the string and cables are the wrong length, whether made wrong or just old and creeped. And if the draw weight is backed off 10# with that upright limb angle you can gain as much as 5/8" on the drawlength, too. You can usually twist the string and cable to adjust that out, though. If the string and cable are in good condition and nearly the proper length you'll need to do some twisting to get her back to spec and DL.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.