Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hoyt Turbohawk with a draw weight of 67-70lbs and a draw length of 29". I am always in between the charts for a 340 and 400 arrow. What do you guys suggest I go with? I use a 100 gr broadhead.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am sold on carbon express, the new blue streak selects are a fantastic arrows both for 3-D and hunting. I shot the older model 3-D selects since they came out and I honestly wouldn't shoot anything else. I have a 29" draw and shoot 70lbs with a 350 gr arrow........

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's weird for me. I've had 340 ICS Bowhunters, then went to 400 ICS Hunters because one I my friends said I should be shooting the 400's instead of the 340's. Then this year I got the 400 ICS Camo Hunters and it is the worst I've shot in years. I didn't shoot great groups with the 340's and I did awesome with the 400 ICS Hunters but this year I'm doing terrible with the 400 Camo Hunters. I'm looking to try another arrow and I was just wondering what size I should be practicing and hunting with with my setup. I'll do some research on the blue streaks. Thanks for the advise!

·
Socket Man
23,832 Posts
I believe in a .400 spine for light arrows in the 320-370 grain range, the blue streak or gt velocity or my carbontech cheetas all can be built in that range and shoot really well. Cheetas aren't that tough but they are a true shooters arrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts