Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has any leads on a good quality small video camera? Do I want the dvd Dvr, 8mm ....version.Very limited knowledge on the pros and cons!! looking for some input Price- not opposed to spending $700 down don't get me wrong if a $400 camera works just as good, then that would be the one I would use, I can find somewhere else to spend my hunting alotment. Goal is to Video my son and myself hunting and hopefully harvesting Deer, turkey, Coyotes ..... thanks Mike

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have been looking at the Sony DCR-TRV280. Its a digital camera that sells for $299 retail but you can get it easily on Ebay for around $199. I hear it has a very good picture. I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Dvd

I bought a Sony that records on mini dvd's. They will play right on your dvd player. No transferring to dvd's and will even play on your computer. Mine will take digital stills also. Nice and compact and has a flip out screen so you can still watch what is going on around you.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Which one are you recommending Tufel?????

·
Registered
754 Posts
From the review on the website, I like the PANI mentioned above. It has 3 ccd's which brings in more light, brighter pictures with better color, I'm no pro at this stuff, I just read almost everything on the site and started to go through the reveiws.

I just clicked on the link above and apparently they are like computers...there are a bunch of new ones out but I dont know how they compare to the GS120, and I probably could find one of those cheaper now.

Its one of those preference things. I wouldnt want to streer any one in the wrong direction but I did want everyone to know that there is plenty of info out there for the ones of use that will be needing that "built in steady shot", 3CCD's/ good optical zoom "digital zoom is a gimic your footage turns to crap"/ and of course we dont "most of us" dont want to spend the $2000.00 plus for the ones they use on tv. I think you can go to JVC or even Sony and look up thier HD camera's.....awesome.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just bid on a gs120 on ebay for $50 bucks. Used that is. The guys said it is a store model thats in excellent shape. I'll just beat it up more during hunting season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts