Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that one of my arrows has a broken vane, removed it with my fingers, glue was coming off and had a little cut. Anyways i wanted to eventually do my own fletching and stuff but it seems i might have to jump into it sooner than later.

I purchased the videos from Michael Braden and there he shows a Bitzenberger for fletching, what do you guys use?? What do you recommend?? I know most people here also use blazer vanes. So give me what you use and whats good out there. Thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
I use the Bitz. It is a great tool and makes things easy. I also use the blazers and small fusion vanes. All work great. The main thing is to make sure you have it set up so the bottom of the fletch is completely on the arrow.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bottom of the fletching completely on the arrow?? What do you mean??

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Bottom of the fletching completely on the arrow?? What do you mean??
When you adjust the amount of offset you can go too far and the end could be not contacting the arrow shaft. He meant to not overdo to that point, which will vary with the clamp used and the diameter of the arrow (fatter arrows can get more offset).

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the bitz and the arizona ez fletch for 2" vanes.

Bitz is great all around and versatile, as you can do 3 or 4 vane, offset, straight, helical, any size vanes. If I could only have one, this is it.

EZ fletch is more consistent for my blazers and gives more helical on the smaller vane since it is made for smaller vanes. Also very easy to use, no guesswork/adjustment and can glue all 3 on at once. If using blazers or other short vanes, this would be my pick.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Bitz is the best but it can be even better. With the upgrade nock receiver by Zenith you can do a flawless job with any arrow/vane combination. See the thread listed below and search for other comments from those who already have the upgrade. If you use a fast set glue it's not a time consuming job doing one vane at a time.

Here'a link to an explanation of the Zenith Bitzenberger Upgrade.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1451052
Joe B.

I just realized that one of my arrows has a broken vane, removed it with my fingers, glue was coming off and had a little cut. Anyways i wanted to eventually do my own fletching and stuff but it seems i might have to jump into it sooner than later.

I purchased the videos from Michael Braden and there he shows a Bitzenberger for fletching, what do you guys use?? What do you recommend?? I know most people here also use blazer vanes. So give me what you use and whats good out there. Thanks

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Bitz is the best but it can be even better. With the upgrade nock receiver by Zenith you can do a flawless job with any arrow/vane combination. See the thread listed below and search for other comments from those who already have the upgrade. If you use a fast set glue it's not a time consuming job doing one vane at a time.

Here'a link to an explanation of the Zenith Bitzenberger Upgrade.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1451052
Joe B.

·
Registered
818 Posts
i got a grayling with a straight clamp, and a tube of fletch tite platinum for fathers day this year. look and buy any type of jig you see fit. you will be stoked when you can fletch your own arrows. learn on your old arrows and soon you can have sweet fletch jobs better than you got when you payed a shop to do a sloppy job.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah im getting one bitzen from here AT classifieds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts