Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is annoying anyone, but I didn't get anyone to reply last time, and I still can't figure this one out.

I'm not sure if my Vital Bow Gear dropaway is making a noise or not...I don't notice anything when I shoot my bow, but if I pull it into the up position with my finger, and then slide my finger off of it, it makes a pretty loud thump-twang.

I have it on a BT Tribute, and love the performance and accuracy...just not sure if it's making that noise when I shoot. I had someone else shoot the bow as I stood to the side, and the whole thing is very quiet. I'm just wondering if it would be quieter still if i used another rest.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brent

·
Registered
145 Posts
ttt

ttt

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Is it dropping down on the bow's shelf? If so a piece of moleskin where it hits can work wonders.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
finger?

why are you using your finger when pulling it back? with this rest you shouldn't have to. Twin has one on his bow and it makes no noise what so ever. Quiet and since he added a little piece of carbon sheet on it, the arrow slides like it was dipped in oil..... sweeeeet! only issue he had was his blazers hitting the back of it, but i noticed it wasn't quite "level" and i adjusted it. now it has no problems at all.

speed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts