Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used pse omen Max last week . Didn't come with user manual and for some reason I can't get one to download. I understand the concept of the flex guard but is it suppose to be tuned to your bow? Are you suppose to tighten the bolt all the way or loosen / adjust it to bring your cables in closer. Also I noticed there are different elevations and holes for moving it farther back or forward. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
248 Posts
You want to unscrew the screw holding your guide rod allowing it to come as close to your arrow without hitting your fletching as the arrow passes the cables when its fired. The reason for doing this is to keep as much side load off of your cams as possible preventing cam lean at full drawl. Hope this helps .

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You want to unscrew the screw holding your guide rod allowing it to come as close to your arrow without hitting your fletching as the arrow passes the cables when its fired. The reason for doing this is to keep as much side load off of your cams as possible preventing cam lean at full drawl. Hope this helps .
That was my guess. How far from the fletchings should I tune it to?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just enough so they wont hit , but give yourself a little extra room just incase you tork the bow if your in an awkward shooting position.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
I have not look into doing any of this with my DNA. But am curious as I read this, and do not have my manual on hand at the moment.
How is the flex guard set out of the box? Tightened all the way in?
How many turns out have those of you who have tuned the flex guard, turned the screw out?

One thing to note, I did have one of the small scews that hold the red strip to the main portion of the slide pop loose the other day and went flying as I shot.
First that was , what the heck was that, quick look/inspection I did not notice anything wrong.
After a practice session in the basement, i went upstairs wondering what went on?
I went back downstairs, with a flashlight and my cheaters and started looking around the area.
Found a small black screw. Went back to my bow and took a closer look, Ahah, the Flex guard had a screw missing from the outer end. So then I went back to searching for the small nut side.
Found that 4 ft away from the screw. Re-installed, check the other and that too was loose. So for those of you who have these, might be worth a double check of those and all other screws.
Just glad I was not at an outside range and or had that happen while taking a shout at a deer while in stand.

Not a huge expense, but could be a pia waste of time getting a new one.

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
Do not over tigthen the small screws that hold on the replaceable flex slide piece. You will crack the colored piece.

Also, on the flex gaurd itself, before I ever start tuning, I remove the bolt, add Loctite, then put it back in and adjust to my liking. Mark the bolt so you can quickly check it during maintenance for movement. It will move.... since I started adding loc-tite I haven't had an issue.

From a tuning perspective, the flex gaurd is as useful as the yokes... maybe more so. Especially during BH tuning, you can make very small adjustments to that bolt (1/8th turn) and fine tune better and easier than yoke or rest adjustments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts