Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a hostage rest with the bristles on my bow....I was shooting 1 to 2" groups with 4 or 5 arrows at 20 yards...I hated having to change out the bristles so i bought last years ripcord. I just cannot seem to get good groups with the ripcord. Is there anything about the ripcord? or Is it that the hostage is so accurate? I would appreciate the help.

·
Registered
17,363 Posts
rip cord is probably not set up correctly,check for fletching contact,and make sure rest is coming up in the last 1.5 inches of draw cycle.where is the cord tied in at?works best tied in down even with the base of the bow grip. short drop cords cause issues with timing.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I also think you may be getting contact. Did you carefully follow the installation instructions? When setting up the cord, be sure to let it set itself "automatically" as instructed. The rest should start to drop as soon as you let down. The Ripcord, whether the Code Red or the previous model, are/were both good drop away rests, with the Code Red having incorporated some new design improvements. Stay with it, you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Ya, when I went from the Hostage Pro to the QAD Hunter, I had to move my nocking point way up. Its nearly 3/16" high. Especially if on a single cam bow, they tend to sling the tail of the arrow downward.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Where do you have your nockpoint located? The Ripcord is usually set with the nock 1/8" above square.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts